Release for mac?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanrick

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Dreaming View Post
My PC doesn't crash or get viruses and is also easy as hell to use. It has been since Windows 2000.
Windows Vista. Done. Biggest freaking memory hog ever.

Vanrick

07-21-2010

Macs are about 10% of the PC users, or something ******ly low. Yes, there are viruses for Macs, but it just doesn't benefit the worm or virus creator to target macs because there are so few of them.

One day, though, someone will get rich off a Mac virus.

Lucid Dreaming

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanrick View Post
Windows Vista. Done. Biggest freaking memory hog ever.

The "problems" with Vista arose because it was being shipped on computers that didn't meet the specs for it and people were buying it for their old PCs then when it ran like **** they blamed it on Vista, not on their old or inferior hardware.

Sakagami0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Quote:
Macs are about 10% of the PC users, or something ******ly low. Yes, there are viruses for Macs, but it just doesn't benefit the worm or virus creator to target macs because there are so few of them.

One day, though, someone will get rich off a Mac virus.
10% is a lot of people there buddy. And now since Mac uses intel chips viruses should be easier to make.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

07-21-2010

The reason PC's get so many viruses is because they are so popular and grandpa had to spank that monkey because Bonzai Buddy took him to that website and he doesn't trust that Norton fella.

Vanrick

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
The reason PC's get so many viruses is because they are so popular and grandpa had to spank that monkey because Bonzai Buddy took him to that website and he doesn't trust that Norton fella.

Kaspersky > Norton

Rated as high and doesn't bog down your system.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

07-21-2010

Quote:
Kaspersky > Norton

Rated as high and doesn't bog down your system.
I just chose a popular brand at random, Norton is a more "fella" kind of name than Kapersky.

The microsoft security essentials is getting rave reviews, and if I recall the NSA was working with Microsoft on security not long ago.

Vanrick

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
I just chose a popular brand at random, Norton is a more "fella" kind of name than Kapersky.

The microsoft security essentials is getting rave reviews, and if I recall the NSA was working with Microsoft on security not long ago.
Microsoft is really trying to not do what they did with the first release of Vista.

They had so many security problems with it from the start. Heh. As for NSA and Microsoft. I find it ironic that they search and find decent hackers and virus writers to make a lot of the viruses we see in common us so they can figure out how to best protect against them.

Kind of a "Well, if we can beat, lets join them" type of situation.

Guess it works for the most part. Give the writers real jobs instead of doing it illegally.

Edit: As for people trying to go Mac versus Windows. I bite my thumb at you. It is a dumb argument. I prefer my Mac for my career choice, Advertising, it just works better than Windows, and generally the Advertising community uses Mac over PC because for the longest time Adobe editing products just ran smoother on a Mac.

Its a personal choice and a stupid debate.

Telen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakagami0 View Post
10% is a lot of people there buddy. And now since Mac uses intel chips viruses should be easier to make.
Virus developers dont make viruses for macs because they feel mac users are suffering enough as is

/Owned
//Plus a virus is made for an OS, not a hardware piece usually, unless its a really really mean virus

Noth

07-21-2010

Quote:
Microsoft is really trying to not do what they did with the first release of Vista.

They had so many security problems with it from the start. Heh. As for NSA and Microsoft. I find it ironic that they search and find decent hackers and virus writers to make a lot of the viruses we see in common us so they can figure out how to best protect against them.

Kind of a "Well, if we can beat, lets join them" type of situation.

Guess it works for the most part. Give the writers real jobs instead of doing it illegally.

Edit: As for people trying to go Mac versus Windows. I bite my thumb at you. It is a dumb argument. I prefer my Mac for my career choice, Advertising, it just works better than Windows, and generally the Advertising community uses Mac over PC because for the longest time Adobe editing products just ran smoother on a Mac.

Its a personal choice and a stupid debate.

Actually do that is very common in security. Safe makers hire safe crackers (usually reformed to test their safes. Security companies hire people to break their system. It is a very common and relatively smart tactic.