Goddess tear items are never a good build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

You will remember Yorick Mor-**** too late!

FaerellG

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyDreamer View Post
I guess Ez could use it, but that really lags his damage even if he goes Manamune...
I base this entirely on the fact that he spams his abilities and thus would build up stacks rapidly...additionally, his Q promotes more spam by lowering CDs. I don't play Ezreal, so don't take my advice too seriously.

myassyourface

02-01-2012

Tear is a bad item? Oh no!! All those champs that focus on large mana pools will be useless!! Someone needs to tell riot!!

Éñcore

02-01-2012

not sure if srs....

newbin

02-02-2012

anyone who spams spells and needs a good mana poll,which is alot but rarely good on any AD carries but a very very select few etc Urgot and ez are good examples.

P.S. I love getting this on Lux with cooldown reduction .

newbin

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
Tear of the Goddess and its upgrades are very niche items, good on a small selection of champions.

But then people with bad mana management build it on Brand and Ziggs =I
Tear should never be built on those 2 it is a waste. Their cooldowns are too long for it to be useful unless your stack CD but that means your taking away from your damage too much. A rod of Ages is a much better chose if you think you need the mana pool.

Shattered Clock

02-02-2012

The first time I played Singed I thought he was an AD champ so I gave him a Manamune and Atma's Impaler. It was actually pretty effective now that I think about it.

Point is, Singed benefits from these items greatly.

tempname076325

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Ironically, you started a thread to try to explain to people that they're gimping themselves by spending 1k gold on an item they don't need, and you get a whole host of players trying to defend the crappy item.

Tear works on very specific champions for very specific reasons:

It works on Yorick and Karthus because the point of the champions is to spam their skills and not leave lane, and tear helps them to do this more effectively. Early game damage is not a priority.

It works on Ryze because instead of sacrificing damage for mana, you get both with the tear.

It does NOT work on numerous other champions, because of the converse.

Champions like Cassiopeia, Brand, and Anivia have strong early games. Your job is to dominate your lane, forcing your opponent to back and roaming for kills or killing your laning partner outright. To do this, you need AP. You need an early RoA and/or deathcap. You don't need the ability to use 800 skills before you back, because there is plenty of time to back after you score a kill, and you should never score a kill if you have set yourself 1k gold behind the other carry for an item that gives you 0 damage and 0 survivability in lane.

For the same reason, you should not be buying a tear on Corki or Ezreal. Early game is really important for AD carries, despite the fact that you are something of a "farm to win" role. The first carry to get a wriggles or a BF should generally win the lane. If the other carry buys their bf and has 150 AD, and you buy a tear and have 100 AD, you should lose your lane. Manamune doesn't give you a respectable amount of AD until far too late into the game and by that point the other carry will have completed an IE with the same money and have far more AD than you anyway.

Stop buying tear.

Attico

02-02-2012

Above poster is correct, although it can be so effective late game!
For instance, there is a great Solomid Sivir build that focuses on Manamune, Frozen heart, CD boots, BV, and a bloodthirster....I think a Triforce is in there too. CD reduction for a 1.7 second Ricochette, like 360 AD I think, and nice durability.
Problem is early game dps and single target crit burst from more traditional builds. Works pretty well with a good team of friends, not so good to solo carry. Same AD as traditional, more CD, less money, less effective early. Really depends on you and your team

Amoc

02-02-2012

I build it on Corki. His whole kit seems to be about spamming abilities, so Manamune seems alright on him.