Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Goddess tear items are never a good build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GarnetJewel

02-01-2012

With very few exceptions (ryze urgot maybe corki)

It takes a long time to build up and it doesnt give as much survability or damage as other items

If you are having mana problems these are better solutions

-clarity (only for accounts below level that dont have tier 3 runes)

-tier 3 flat mana regen glyphs or seals. This gives your mana at level 1

-single or double doran ring: gives mana, survability, damage, and is very gold efficient

ThorHammerz

02-01-2012

Exceptions include: Pretty anyone with a spammable skill. You forgot to include people like Karthus, Cassaeopia, etc

Sarevokok

02-01-2012

I find it VERY good on Karma. I play her as mid AP not as a support. I take mana sapphire+2HP pots at level 1. I do nothing but farm CS till I can go back and finish tear, get T1 boots, two wards and how ever many HP pots I feel I need. I take flash+Teleport and do NOTHING but farm CS, haven't met a mid that can stop me from doing so. I always blow away everyone else in CS.

Nowitsfair

02-01-2012

you will remember Yorick Mori

ExecutionerK

02-01-2012

Yorick, Urgot, Ryze, Karthus

Those are really all the ones that you want to build tear on.

FaerellG

02-01-2012

Probably worth it on Ezreal too.

OmniOmega

02-01-2012

I build it all the time on Sona. With some CDR, you can basically perma-buff your team. I think I'm a minority on that though.

It's pretty much a core item on Urgot.

acosn

02-01-2012

Quote:
Sarevokok:
I find it VERY good on Karma. I play her as mid AP not as a support. I take mana sapphire+2HP pots at level 1. I do nothing but farm CS till I can go back and finish tear, get T1 boots, two wards and how ever many HP pots I feel I need. I take flash+Teleport and do NOTHING but farm CS, haven't met a mid that can stop me from doing so. I always blow away everyone else in CS.

Karma doesn't have the volume of spell casts to farm it effectively, and doesn't have the net benefits (IE: Karthus's toggle, Blitz's passive, ect) to justify it, so you're literally left with a lot of mana.

Since you're going mid you should be getting blue, and since you're playing Karma you should be focusing on AP early game.

This is just a matter of efficiency.

SynergyDreamer

02-01-2012

I guess Ez could use it, but that really lags his damage even if he goes Manamune...

ViashinoWizard

02-01-2012

Tear of the Goddess and its upgrades are very niche items, good on a small selection of champions.

But then people with bad mana management build it on Brand and Ziggs =I