Blitzcrank Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rogmarz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

07-21-2010

Looked around for any current/recently made builds, couldn't find any pertaining to tanking, since I'm not really interested in stacking AP, unless that's the only way to play?

For the people who play Blitz often, what items and runes do you use to make a solid tank out of him. Like I mentioned, I'm not too interested in building a DPS character unless that's the only way to play a competent Blitz.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anaverageasian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-21-2010

honestly, i've found that to be an effective tank, you simply need to understand how to eat up damage. i basically always start with a mana crystal, i hate depending on mana regen with a 250mana pool. i turn that into a catalyst, and move on to boots. you really just need to understand what kind of damage you will be taking, and build accordingly. banshee veil as soon as possible if you're facing cc or magic damage. the passive and mr help, but i really like that it gives mana. the bigger your mana pool, the higher your mana will likely be when 50% of it is about to get used as a shield. for this reason, i sometimes start with an RoA and then build into tanking items, every stat helps you. unlike shen or amumu, where people avoid items that slow attack speeds of enemies and avoid getting dodge, you have no reason to want to get it, so ninja tabi and randuin's omen work just fine on you. frozen heart is an excellent choice, nice passive, armor, mana, and cdr.
basically, get a mana crystal into catalyst, build tabi or merc treads, then determine if you're facing immediate phys or magic damage and build either glacial shroud or finish banshee as appropriate. aegis is a good choice soon after that. if you are having trouble deciding...ask your teammates. it's in their best interest for your build to be successful. eventually you'll get a feel for what kind of items you need in each situation.

for runes, i run magic pen or scaling hp marks, dodge seals, cdr glyphs, flat hp quints, masteries are 0/21/9 and for summoner spells, i always get flash, but cycle through ignite, teleport, ghost, clairvoyance, and cleanse. just try them and see what you like. trial and error will teach you a lot. at least, i hope it will.