Shaco Getting right at the core of the problem.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nipple Antennae

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoftw View Post
pple have allready stated this before but riot doesnt give a ****. they dont care about balancing out this game, they are more preoccupied with advertising gimmicks than taking actual steps to fixing their games.
Riot shouldnt but they do balance for noobs who get wrecked by a useless hero in any real game.

Sakagami0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Go away. Shaco is a nice clown thats been tinkered with enough already by Riot and the Community.

Demacia

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toidiedud View Post
People seem to have forgotten how it was before it was nerfed so much.

Range 3x longer,the CD started in stealth so it basically was not there,actually worked with crit damage.

Is it a great skill?Yes.Is it OP?No.

The thing is you can tell how good a Shaco is by how he uses it.Most Shaco's do not use it well and just decieve away in predictable manners,instead of being creative in its use.

Its fine as is.You would not complain if you knew how it used to be.Also thats the whole thing that really makes Shaco who he is.A slippery assasin.

Just like a good Kassadin you should not catch one alive.

Most Shaco's are NOT good though.
Good eye for good shacos.

Furpop

07-21-2010

.... Ward.... shacos early game is done a easy 90 gold and some map awarness will shut down a shaco. he becomes less and less powerful as the game goes on so just ward throught the game(which you should be doing anyway). and you will be fine. im not saying he becomes useless as the game goes on but he becomes less powerful as the game goes on and becomes more on common grounds. So just ****ing ward and you wont have a shaco problem.

Piezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Quote:
You would not complain if you knew how it used to be.
That's a poor arguement for any type of skill.. just because something was really broken before doesn't mean it all of sudden fine after a nerf.

I think someone mentioned this in another thread and I agree, make it so that it doesn't blink but rather increases shaco's movement speed (so you can travel the same distance as when it blinked but not be able to flash over walls and stuff). It just does so much for the minimal cost/cooldown and I don't see how you can argue that fact.

People are comparing it to kassadin's riftwalk but really, riftwalk is only for escaping or chasing. It does not stealth you or give you a damage modifier.. It does minimal damage unless you have stacked them many times and the mana cost then is crazy.

Old Saint ZiIean

07-21-2010

Shaco's deceive is OP, but it's kinda hard to balance. Take out the blink and the stealth becomes too short to really be effective. He'd basically become another Evelynn.

And yeah, you could increase the duration on stealth while taking out the blink aspect, but Shaco is just about as squishy as Twitch and doesn't have the safety of ranged attacks. Without the ability to get in/out of a fight quickly Shaco would become too easy of a target.

So as it stands I really dunno what to do about em.

Arturias

07-21-2010

Quote:

Range 3x longer,the CD started in stealth so it basically was not there,actually worked with crit damage.

The thing is you can tell how good a Shaco is by how he uses it.Most Shaco's do not use it well and just decieve away in predictable manners,instead of being creative in its use.

Its fine as is.You would not complain if you knew how it used to be.Also thats the whole thing that really makes Shaco who he is.A slippery assasin.

I don't know where you've been, but everyone knows you don't have to be good to play shaco. Good shaco's will decieve in the opposite direction they're running or over walls. He's the deadliest champion in this game that is why he's banned every game.

Beoftw

07-21-2010

A simple fix would to just increase the cd on decieve. make it 15 seconds. i know many champions that have long cool downs on all of their moves. especially one of this caliber. that on its own would help A TON. to go even further, id decrease the dmg output of his clone as well.

Old Saint ZiIean

07-21-2010

Quote:

Unfortunately Shaco is TOO slippery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV8Zn0pl-yE

I think he says this is his...maybe 4th or something? game with Shaco....notice his 20 stacks on Sword of the Occult.

Note: Not saying Quill is a bad player, but I'm sure he'll tell you he's not a very good player seeing as how he's modest. I've played against him, he's decent. Still, 20 stacks mate.

xMew

Recruiter

07-21-2010

comparing it to kassadin is just bad, you get stealth when you use it... if you wanna run away, you start to run into a some direction that really makes sense to run(like your tower), then you just deceive to the enemys back or get another weird path = job done, you managed to run away

kassadin gets it at lvl 6, shaco can get it even at 1 and use jitb together to make his runaway even easier.

not saying its OP, it really used to be before the nerfs, but its still a pain in the ass.