The New Bots Have Arrived!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoonsDebuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Improved map awareness = map hack for bots I had Jax jump across the bush all of a sudden when he's pushing. Well not so bad at least I need to be a little more careful when jungling.

Also if possible please improve AIs' HP awareness I had Shen bot came to me 3 times with less than 100 hp with a perfect taunt after he went back a few seconds.

Overall great patch and thank you Riot games. You made me registered for PayPal lol.

DigitalMan

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashiroSunao View Post
The new bots aren't much better. I expected something similar to the max level of Super Smash Bros.
Hey, at least you might actually lose against the LoL bots. Can't say the same for Smash Bros.

Anyways, the beginner bots in Classic seem about as normal. Which is good, because, well, beginner. They seem to pull off a few new cheap tactics, but that's to be expected with the new champions.

However, there has always been too great of a gap between beginner and intermediate. Now, it's even worse - what used to feel like relying on other more skilled players to carry us through to victory while just barely making my presence worthwhile has turned into an entire team of somewhat experienced players getting stomped in an hour-and-a-half long struggle down to the last turrets, with the enemy team having twice as many kills, and us just barely pulling off a win because we were able to distract the bots long enough for minions to take out the nexus.

This is no longer "intermediate". This is "hard", plain and simple. There needs to be something bridging the gap between "Hey, this is pretty easy" and "Where'd all our turrets go?"

Similarly, I can pretty well surmise the beginner Dominion bots as being on-par with the previous Classic intermediate bots, if not perhaps slightly harder; yeah, we can win, but by a margin of, like, 20 health points. Some players were complaining about the difficulty in-game, and from the comments in this topic, it doesn't seem like we're alone. The prospect of intermediate Dominion bots terrifies me.

And finally, I may as well drop in here, the limits for IP have not been removed; both myself and my friend have reached it today. If I must be curb-stomped, I'd like it to be worth my while.

Dan Macq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Honestly they don't seem that much harder to me, In all the games I've played in today we steamrolled them in 20 minutes...All the games I played yesterday, we steamrolled them in 20 minutes...I think they need to make an official hard mode. All in all, I still love the patch.

Neumann

02-01-2012

The bots in the classic version have gotten smarter, doesn't mean they've become god awful.. it's more like a C student moving his way to a B, still prone to some acts of stupidity and being a 'bot' but still better then they were before. Save for the dominion bots.. those guys are just idiots, even on intermediate.

kabutobond

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMan View Post

Similarly, I can pretty well surmise the beginner Dominion bots as being on-par with the previous Classic intermediate bots, if not perhaps slightly harder; yeah, we can win, but by a margin of, like, 20 health points. Some players were complaining about the difficulty in-game, and from the comments in this topic, it doesn't seem like we're alone. The prospect of intermediate Dominion bots terrifies me.

And finally, I may as well drop in here, the limits for IP have not been removed; both myself and my friend have reached it today. If I must be curb-stomped, I'd like it to be worth my while.
I've played a few matches on Dominion against the intermediate bots and I'm disappointed. Yeah sure the bots try and and you need to be some what aware of the map, but anybody who knows what there doing can easily stop these bots in about 10 minutes.

Neumann

02-01-2012

A hard mode would be lovely in the future.

Qutse

02-01-2012

How to beat dominion intermediate bots--push your minions--don't be clever. Honestly first impressions was it was less chaotic and dynamic then co-op SR once you realized that.

BirdmanThc

02-01-2012

i think you should make a bot for a champ as soon as it comes out so peeps can learn how to play against them!

Hellpyre

02-01-2012

When will custom AI and roster get some love?

Kaz The Avenger

02-01-2012

Here is my sum up of the new bots on SR Intermediate difficulty. Far too aggressive, but with somewhat better map awareness, better at prioritising targets and able to use skill shots quite accurately.
However they are still a far way off from what I would consider a normal match experience with the amount of aggression they have and lack of harrassment that they do. They waste mana and use skills on minions, instead of trying to harrass with them. They will use Ultimates that are most suited to taking down multiple enemies, on a single target instead and will even tower dive you at lvl 1-2 while you have almost full health (I had an Irelia Bot tower dive me as Malzahar while we were level 1-2, so all I had to do was plant Malefic Visions on her and she died while retreating, giving me a kill). So you were close, but still no dice.
Truth be told, I don't consider this Intermediate Difficulty. It has become more challenging to a degree, but this is only due to the fact that they are more aggressive (which is easily countered with a good defensive play style). They do however punish you if you over stay your welcome which is a push in the right direction. But I would of thought as they pushed closer to a tower, they'd play a bit more passively, while if I was to push closer to their tower, that they'd play more aggressively, especially early on in the match, mainly if we had equal amounts of minions or they had the majority of them.