The New Bots Have Arrived!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scullzomben

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTHAFKINOGRES View Post
all the people complaining obviously only played vs beginner bots like *******, they are BEGINNER BOTS for a reason, they arent meant to be good, they are for beginners. go try intermediate bots then tell me they suck, hahahahah
They suck. They still make bad decisions.

GG.

Reinhartvampěre

02-01-2012

this was a good job riot! coop vs ai dominion is very fun, and summoners rift is easy when you have time playing, but they are better then before, the only problem i got is : The 3-game per day rewards limitation for Level 30 Summoners has been removed, in the patch notes , but i played some games today and now im not getting ip :/ fix that riot please i hate solo quoe and i play vs bots when my friends arent online XD

YurdleTheTurtle

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyNDead View Post
I've tried the new bots and it doesn't seem like an improvement to be declared an improvement. Fiddlestick ran past two bottom turrets for no reason, wukong does his ultimate only to stop short from a kill just to run back.

Please make a higher difficulty of bots and give full IP or something. I've done 5 games with bots and other than getting use to bots using new champs and the higher variety of skills, they're just barely better than the older varieties.

However, good job on riot for doing such work, it does make AI a bit more interesting. I do wish they switch out all the older bots sometimes because in many games the older bots like ryze etc still comprise of half of the team at the least for those times I played.

They still also get stuck at the two turret location near the nexus.

This comment also reflects the feedback I receive in game by other players. We're still getting same death to kill ratios as usual.

Please incorporate more combos for the bots as well such as brand using the combo of stunning his opponent and using pillar of flame to do extra damage when they're on fire. Would be neat.
I do not mean to be rude, but you come off as rather...selfish and demanding?

Again, no intention of being rude. However, you have to realize just how hard and time-consuming it is to make game AI.

The thing is, it's impossible to make AI that a) will make everyone happy and b) will be truly difficult for human players.

In the end, instead of being so demanding, realize that this update is absolutely gigantic and what they've done so far is amazing, considering the difficulty. Yeah, it'd be nice if bots were as challenging as pro human players, but seriously, that's hard as heck to do. And because of the fact that bots will never be as good as most players, it makes sense to put an IP penalty in there to prevent players from abusing this.

Edit: While you do mention a good job, it's rather outshined by the demands/what-sounds-like-complaints.

colorwolf82

02-01-2012

<3 u Riot! Thx for the wonderful bots!

LordHippoman

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilimo View Post
Can we get a Bot mode called Legendary
Where it is nearly impossible to win, if at all.
You can get a Barney Stinson Garen Skin if you beat it.

GankerYamazaki

02-01-2012

You know what would impress me? If RIOT made an Orianna Bot. That'd be something to see.

DaApatheticGamer

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gildarts View Post
Actually it was removed I was getting 60-80 IP for win when I usually got 10-20 IP for a win. They still have the set amount games you can play on co-op vs ai.
they were supposed to remove the set amount of games limit with the patch also...

Bloodmonster87

02-01-2012

based on the games i have played these bot matches are not really preparing the players to play a normal match whats the point in trying different builds if we dont get to experience that we would get in a normal match. i believe that riot should focus more on game play instead of number of bots. we want the AI to be harder give them more INTELLIGENCE.i didnt notice no change in the bots behavior if anything they became DUMBER.

WoLF42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

New bots not available in custom >.>?

Vsin

02-01-2012

Some parts are smarter, some parts are dumber.

For example, I went solo top as Viktor against Irelia and Galio bots. They BOTH tower dove me at Lv1. This is worse than before, because you had to bait them under your turret before. Granted, they only pull this if you're all alone, but still.

However, if you get into a teamfight, they do sync their abilities properly, and have decent focus. They also don't completely derp out if you drop an inhibitor because before they used to try to autoattack super minions to death...even if they were casters.

Nevertheless, the bots do feel more..."organic" now. They don't feel like bots anymore, just really dumb/inconsistent players.