Heimer.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elfmanmagic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

His turrets won't change targets for no reason, the only reason they change targets would be because their current target dies/moves out of range, or he activates his ultimate which causes them to pick a new target.

The chosen target is pretty much random, so if there are a lot of minions around it will most likely pick them.

Rush him or gank him when his turrets are occupied. For best results use a champion who can get to him at the right time and who he can't run from easily. Garren poses large problems because he moves fast, and can't be stunned/blinded by concussion grenade. If concussion grenade poses a problem get him to use it on you, then rush him.

If enough pressure is put on Heimer he will stop pushing so hard, and place his turrets to ward off ganks and direct attacks. You should be able to at the very least hold him back, if not simply pick off his turrets.

Late game kill the turrets? Many champions can one shot a turret pretty easily from a very safe distance. Ashe and trist can auto attack them from out of their targeting range(wonders in the laning phase too). If the biggest problem you have is the whole team standing on top of the turrets and simply standing in front of your tower slowly killing it, grab an AoE champion such as Gangplank or Fiddlesticks. While they slowly take out your tower back door them so they can't have their whole team standing there.

zetaboy

07-21-2010

say what you want about Malzahar...he is a hard Heim counter. when the opponent gets heim i make sure my team knows i am mal and I am mid, if he changes lanes i follow.

take ignite and tele, keep pressure on heim and farm his turrets above minions. at the very least he will not be able to farm/push crippling his whole game.

Keep pressure on minion waves best u can, focus any turret he puts down, try and get him in your aoe spells when u can, but priority is turrets. when u get ur ult rape him with ignite and anyhting else u can land, killing him or sending him packing. anytime he leaves the lane, kill remaining turrets and also take a trip back!

Whyumai

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Victoriam View Post
Nicosharp made a thread about using Nunu to counter Heimer somewhere as well, and it basically tells you everything you'd need to know.
the post Ad Victoriam is talking about: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=175128

I find Nunu isn't that useful for a couple of reasons:
If you play Nunu mid in order to nerf heimer, your actually handicapping your own team, as, you have to level consume up (for this to work) and run smite. So now you have a toon, that can heal itself somewhat, can't do much damage, and everyone else on your team is underleveled in comparison to heimer. In the end, your nerfing your own team to deal with one member of their team. Also, consume nunu is just asking to be ganked. Anyone decent ganking champ is going to cause your nunu extreme problems. As at level 9 you'll have level 5 consume and maybe level 1 blood boil/iceball or level 2 bb or level 2 snowball. Overall, it's a bad idea since nunu doesn't bring anything to your team if he's got level 5 consume and smite.

SyZ4

07-21-2010

Heimer's basically the only champ in the game you can go 0/10 with and still contribute the most on your team

WarMammoth

07-21-2010

The same way Heimerdinger could be beaten back when everyone said he was "bad" but he wasn't: Hope the person using him sucks. Tank Warwick to initiate on him helps a lot.

foogindan

07-21-2010

I used to play Heimer alot too. I would set up all my turrets and get real comfortable right in mid. Nobody could touch me once I got rolling. It really is unfair. I mean, you can even hold off like three people especially melee because theyCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAW.

Play Fiddle. Kill Heimer.

Maltandbagels

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidict View Post
I usually just try to gank heimer, then when he comes back, gank him again and try to gain some permanent field position against him, but I'm going to agree with you that he's rediculous.
If you are running out of your lane to gank heimer over and over your lane is going to be pushed back. Also a smart heimer would set his turrets to help him out of a gank and or hold his lane if he has to end up bluepill. Yes Heimer can be ganked if he is running clarity and teleport but a cleanse ghost heimer with speed upgrades through utility is just as hard to gank as the next mid.

Frege

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

As a Heimer player, I wish he wasn't so OP so I could play him again in ranked games.

Andromansis

07-21-2010

Shut him down early in the game, do NOT allow him to farm at all.

Life Apathy

07-21-2010

A friend of mine has like 300 games with Heim. And I lane with him alot.

Its not all that hard to kill him to be honest. If you are trying to pick who to gank first at the start of a game always go for Heim. Dont go for the squishy champs first.

If you put constant pressure on him at the start, he really cant do much for the rest of the game.