I am really starting to enjoy dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

echoheadxx

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetisPuncher View Post
Most SR games i play usually you hear people rage about sum1 not picking x champion.. People too concern with what champs 'you' should be playing instead of playing for fun.

then again.. in my situation, it seems no matter what toon i play, i'm stuck carrying the **** team.. what's the point of support/carry bot lane when your carry can't even last hit? or isn't aggressive? WTF IS THE POINT! I DON'T GET IT!
I believe in always playing to win. Sure I will play AD Sona or some other weird build, but I put on my tryhard pants and do my ****est to win.

VenomBurn

02-02-2012

Anyone that is not a troll/rager who plays often around 11 EST please friend me "VenomBurn" As i am always looking for new dominion team mates =)

Panzerzs

03-13-2012

When I played my first 150 dominion games and ended up winning a lot of theml I was like "Too easy, this mode sucks"
But when I hit my 200th win, things started to change, (When I hit level 30)
The people were O.O making premades, people actually changed their strats in dom rather than going in and diving and dying on turrents.
Starting to notice a chance, I began to study dominion, and at the end I agreed dominion needed a lot more skill, especially when dealing with exp Dom players
1 Very important Dominion thing, that dominion haters miss out is that it requires thinking on which turrent to take thinking makes effort and effort turns into skill and thats what makes Dominion Fun AND challenging For Eg: Would you really send in ur top 4 players to atk the top turrent with 3-4 defenders (That are smart) and use the turrent to a big Advantage? No, you would rather flank. This way, flanking splits the top 3-4 and sends 2 down to their Turrent your capturing, while the other 2 stay on the top. That way, because your 4 top have Jungle control, you can easily flank those 2 troopers rushing down to save their turrent. (This is different when they recall back though) but if they, do switch ur capturers and rush them top, that way you have an odd man rush 4 v 3 or 2!
Jungle is pretty important, Think of it like this. You want to hide from the enemy, the best way is to hidein the fog of "war", In the real war, you wouldnt want to ALWAYS show yourself (pushing lanes). The enemy has "Time" to set up ganks to (backdooring/ flanking you therefore pocketing you in the lane) making all that time pushing minions go to waste, This is differnt in the bottom lane too (I agree its like SR) XD but a lot faster, and people get faster builds (Gold and experience increases 3x faster than SR)
Thats just 1 important Fact to know about playing Real Dominion, Perhaps What I think about Dominion that SR people find as well, is that when they play their first games, they mainly destroy the other team by sheer power (team fights and tower diving) and the other team can never come back. Thats called a lop-sided game, something that always happens, even to the best!

IronAegis

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainomai View Post
i just flat stopped playing SR the day dominion dropped. never went back. once in a great while my gf drags me into classic but after 20mins and all turrets still up i immediately want to punch her in the face.

The best lesson from this much dominion is you can be successful with any champ in any game if you get that champ's kit down so well you can be adaptive with your builds.
So much this.

Skulkraken

03-13-2012

welcome aboard.

Kiddalee

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetisPuncher View Post
then again.. in my situation, it seems no matter what toon i play, i'm stuck carrying the **** team.. what's the point of support/carry bot lane when your carry can't even last hit? or isn't aggressive? WTF IS THE POINT! I DON'T GET IT!
Take the creeps your carry misses and play the older support meta: you are actually allowed to build items beyond g/10, just not luxury ones. And you will support better the old way, which makes the current meta piss me right off.

Kiddalee

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomBurn View Post
Anyone that is not a troll/rager who plays often around 11 EST please friend me "VenomBurn" As i am always looking for new dominion team mates =)
Join the dominatedominion chatroom ingame and you will have a hundred new teammates.

hoihoi8

03-13-2012

Every time I go back to SR I deeply regret it. Stalled games that last 1+ hours where you are dominating, but you can't push because of the backdoor Shaco on the other team makes me want to uninstall the game. I'll get halfway through a SR game and have 2 items and be like "ok, bored with this, onto the next game."

Ikarurob

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
It isn't just the community, it's the fact that you actually need to pick up those "tips and tricks" in order to fully appreciate the game mode. Most people just play it 10-15 times and say "loool sidegame no skill game mode", and quit playing it without giving it a real chance.

Glad to see another converted tho
it took me 15-20 games to figure out how much fun it is.....I did just try champs that my premade wouldnt let me play or just to get some practice in and then wanted to commit to this game mode..

sadly everyone else quit or quit for dota2 beta. I played coh for 5 years, by myself Im over that.