I am really starting to enjoy dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMSOJUICY

02-01-2012

welcome to dominion, bro!

its funny, even though i'm getting tired and bored of waiting for ranked in Dom, i still can't imagine myself ever going back to SR.

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

02-01-2012

You guys talking about how dom stacks up against rift: I think dom makes you alot better at combat and map awareness. I win way more 1v1 fights after alot of dom.

vNaK

02-01-2012

^^ I completely agree. Playing Dom made me a lot better at map awareness. I also like the fact that there is just more battles in Dom (of course this is what Dom is all about). Sometimes in SR, people just farm and farm and farm and there is no action going on.

Been playing Dom and I barely play SR now. I also like that Dom games are a lot faster, so even if a game is bad, it's only 15-20 minutes long, whereas in SR it'll be 45+ minutes.

KimKelley

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticHypnotic View Post
The only "skill" that SR requires and which Dominion lacks is knowing how to PvE minions for 40 minutes.

Other than that, Dominion requires far more competency with your champion, far more team strategy, far more involved tactics, far more map awareness, and far more summoner skill overall.

Don't forget memorizing proper ward placement. Is hard work!

Actually, I think jungling well takes more skill than Dominion (or at least more concentration and homework). Most other aspects of SR do not take more skill, however.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

@KimKelley is not jungling is knowing when and who to gank, it's sinlehandedly the hardest thing on the game, but dominion really takes more skills than SR, Sr is just a last hitting fest.

MVpmack

02-02-2012

Actually, Dominion has the SR gameplay too; bottom lane is essentially a faster-paced, more interesting SR laning phase. You need last-hitting skills, but you want to push and you need to harass. For people who want to exercise that kind of skill, they totally still can.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVpmack View Post
Actually, Dominion has the SR gameplay too; bottom lane is essentially a faster-paced, more interesting SR laning phase. You need last-hitting skills, but you want to push and you need to harass. For people who want to exercise that kind of skill, they totally still can.
Bot lane player here, xD sorry but i tend to play a more aggressive bot lane, for me bot lane is actually either killing (without overextending) or scaring the heck away of your enemy botter that way either you get free pushing and creeps capping or neutering without actually being ganked or an effective 4v3 in favor of your team at Windmill. always that i've "won" my lane i never cared for the cs, and whenever i cared for the cs i was dominated.
Kind of when you send a good Nidalee or Yorick to Solo top on SR they first zone out the opponent and then get into business with the creeps. (and yes i'm not that good T_T)

Ikarurob

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whi View Post
I agree wth u. But we can't also deny the fact that sr requires more skills. This doesn't mean dom doesn't require skills at all.

we all agree with different skills, but I dont think its more skill.

Im really engaged with Dom. I need to get better at looking at the minimap and trying to counter build. I can put more Dom games in than I can SR and while a win is nice, a loss isnt this 40 min long list of bad plays till defeat.

Ive had a couple good SR games, but it just snowballs out of control too easily.
Ive had a couple good Dom games, and it was some comeback madness (3 to 12, and we won a team fight, team capped enemy mid while i got top. As the last couple of seconds die, i spin to win right through enemy mid/cap to seal the deal.)

I also feel that Dom is pretty much Midgame on SR, pretty much skip the boring lasthit phase and straight to the ganks.

MMKH

02-02-2012

Dominion is very fun indeed, once I started playing I have not looked back on SR either. Lots of potential is still in this game mode as well as any future modes Riot may plan on making.

FetisPuncher

02-02-2012

Most SR games i play usually you hear people rage about sum1 not picking x champion.. People too concern with what champs 'you' should be playing instead of playing for fun.

then again.. in my situation, it seems no matter what toon i play, i'm stuck carrying the **** team.. what's the point of support/carry bot lane when your carry can't even last hit? or isn't aggressive? WTF IS THE POINT! I DON'T GET IT!