Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I am really starting to enjoy dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

02-01-2012

I have about 200 games played in dominion now and I think I have been through all the phases that players talk about on these boards: I started thinking it was a sidegame to test new builds, then I thought half the champs were gamebreakers on dom, but now I am starting to pick up the little tips and tricks and get pretty good in my own right.

Whatever problems people find with dominion I don't think rest with the game so much as the community. I hope that when ranked comes out and more players get their tryhard pants on you will see more people start to enjoy it because it is a pretty fun gametype.

Nekrogen

02-01-2012

It isn't just the community, it's the fact that you actually need to pick up those "tips and tricks" in order to fully appreciate the game mode. Most people just play it 10-15 times and say "loool sidegame no skill game mode", and quit playing it without giving it a real chance.

Glad to see another converted tho

KimKelley

02-01-2012

One of us, One of us!

Isysar

02-01-2012

Nice bro. Welcome to the club. I have few games played, but I quite enjoy dominion.

ActionButlerGO

02-01-2012

Welcome to the dark side, OP.

mainomai

02-01-2012

i just flat stopped playing SR the day dominion dropped. never went back. once in a great while my gf drags me into classic but after 20mins and all turrets still up i immediately want to punch her in the face.

The best lesson from this much dominion is you can be successful with any champ in any game if you get that champ's kit down so well you can be adaptive with your builds.

Basoosh

02-01-2012

Quote:
KimKelley:
One of us, One of us!

Gooble gobble, gooble gobble!

Whi

02-01-2012

Quote:
Nekrogen:
It isn't just the community, it's the fact that you actually need to pick up those "tips and tricks" in order to fully appreciate the game mode. Most people just play it 10-15 times and say "loool sidegame no skill game mode", and quit playing it without giving it a real chance.

Glad to see another converted tho

I agree wth u. But we can't also deny the fact that sr requires more skills. This doesn't mean dom doesn't require skills at all.

Zombie Ryze

02-01-2012

Dom has it's own skill level. It's different then SR, more so due to errors in SR are a lot harder to recover from. Dom, gives more room for error, but even still it doesn't take to long before those few errors can really swing a game.

And you need a lot of heads up in DOM. Always considering what point you should go to, watching what others are doing and even so much as watching how they are doing in a one on one fight because if you feel they are going to lose, you had better start to make a move to cover a point.

Once you've played enough games you'll be able to tell who the players are that haven't played much. Mainly those that are in mid wondering around looking for people when they should be headin to take/defend a point.

It's a game that's fast, you need to think quick and react. A game of seconds and oh so much face smashing ones keyboard. (well, at least in the case of Ryze). I've enjoyed it from day one.

ChaoticHypnotic

02-01-2012

Quote:
Whi:
I agree wth u. But we can't also deny the fact that sr requires more skills. This doesn't mean dom doesn't require skills at all.

The only "skill" that SR requires and which Dominion lacks is knowing how to PvE minions for 40 minutes.

Other than that, Dominion requires far more competency with your champion, far more team strategy, far more involved tactics, far more map awareness, and far more summoner skill overall.