new player needs help choosing first character

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BadasHoneyBadger

07-21-2010

Hi all,
I just started playing LoL and trying to save up to buy a character, I was wondering what would be a good first pick for me. I like to melee dps and i wanted that to be my first character than id like to move on to a caster. Could you please tell me what would you recommend and why?
Thank you very much for your time

ChickenWrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-21-2010

Melee DPS you say? I would try for Master Yi first, he's cheap and easy to play. Maybe Jax when you get enough money, or Olaf after that.

xpsychedelico

07-21-2010

For Melee DPS, I suppose Garen or Jax would be easy champions to start with. They both have good survivability and damage output. Garen tends to loose effectiveness late game if built tank, while Jax only gets more powerful late game.

You can find guides in the Guides and Strategy forum, leaguecraft.com or mobafire.com.

For casters, Annie is definitely one of the best with a relatively easy learning curve.

You can consider Master Yi, but note that he has no place in high tier play, as he is very easy to counter and has no disables.

NinetyNineTails

07-21-2010

Definitely Yi as a first melee DPS.

BadasHoneyBadger

07-21-2010

thank you for all your input greatly appreciated, any other opinions out there?