Are there maphackers in LoL?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Domika

07-21-2010

I was just wondering if there were maphackers in LoL because the very few times I played Dota etc, that was one of the things that really just killed the game for me.

bakablo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-21-2010

no... i researched it

Veigar

Producer

07-21-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I am not aware of any maphacks whatsoever, and I keep a close eye on these things

Most games create fog of war client-side, which means that your computer has all the information already but chooses not to show it to you. Our game on the other hand only sends the information that is absolutely necessary to the client, so there isn't any way to reveal what you shouldn't be able to see (because your computer just plain doesn't know about it).

Necrophagus

07-21-2010

Well, there's wards. Basically the same thing.

(You hear that, people who get grouped with me? WARDS ARE LIKE MAP HACKS. BUY THEM WITH ME.)

Dyloslawer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

for some reason i always think the enemy has map hacks when enemy team has a twisted fate...i wonder why...

Domika

07-21-2010

Thanks everyone and thank you Veigar that's awesome to know I'm glad this game has been so well thought out.