Ziggs on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
My first draft game went well with him. We were 4v5 for half the game too cause our Urgot crashed due to lolreplay.
Different rules for your Elo, man.

Nekrogen

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
While Heimer isn't ban-tier, the general disregard for him by the top elo crowd is wrong. There isn't a good Heimer at high elo. He's a top-tier bot if you are actually good with him. The best I know tends to play while intoxicated, so his elo is only 1900. When he's sober and we duo-queue, meaning we're up against the 2100+ crowd, he usually wins bottom when he plays Heimer, even against the tournament guys. The key is that he is smart about when to push so he doesn't get ganked.
I love roflstomping with Heimer when Ryze is banned. He pushes hard, defends well, and dishes out serious damage against aggressive players. He is also extremely good at zoning, making him good top or bottom.

Heimer is strong, but there are better bans.

FDru

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
Different rules for your Elo, man.
My favorite one being "don't ignore your bot lane and let it get owned by the strong push champ".

But I prefer to look at it as common sense.

lbgsloan

02-01-2012

He looks like the first really fun champion released for a while, can't wait to try him later. I'm envisioning Lich Bane CDR Ziggs might work, chunking people with autoattack and Q spam. What's his ult range? Pantheon level?

Isysar

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
While Heimer isn't ban-tier, the general disregard for him by the top elo crowd is wrong. There isn't a good Heimer at high elo. He's a top-tier bot if you are actually good with him. The best I know tends to play while intoxicated, so his elo is only 1900. When he's sober and we duo-queue, meaning we're up against the 2100+ crowd, he usually wins bottom when he plays Heimer, even against the tournament guys. The key is that he is smart about when to push so he doesn't get ganked.
This is absolutely the funniest thing I've seen all day.

Garlyle Wilds

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
He looks like the first really fun champion released for a while, can't wait to try him later. I'm envisioning Lich Bane CDR Ziggs might work, chunking people with autoattack and Q spam. What's his ult range? Pantheon level?
You can hit the opponent's bottom tower from yours. I think that's the limit of his range, and should give you a pretty good idea (Apparently Pantheon's range is 5500; Ziggs' is 5000). As a fun fact, your teammates will be able to see your bomb travelling on the minimap!

And yes; especially with Ziggs' scaling passive on time bomb as is, Lich Bane can give him crazy powerful autoattacks on occasion. CDR is also really important for him, especially on Dominion - it can shave off a good half a minute from his ultimate and let you maintain a minefield pretty much constantly. I prefer Morello's Evil Tome for it, since it also gives him decent AP and just the extra little boost to MP/Regen he needs to never really have to worry about OOM in Dominion.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isysar View Post
This is absolutely the funniest thing I've seen all day.
I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not

brossef

02-01-2012

the thing about ziggs that make him strong is he can be built glass cannon because with his abilities he never has to get in range of the other team, he is almost insta win at windmill unless your team dives right away otherwise he will poke you all to death.

i see him as either your team bans him, or picks him

he has far to much damage for the range that he gets.

i just wish riot would give me my rp prize so i could actually get him.

RealWolf M

02-01-2012

wait, people think heimerdinger is worth picking?

You can't escape ganks as heimer. You say "be smart, don't push at the wrong times". I can tell you the second you are in the lane and not at fountain you will be under threat, and if you try to camp at your tower it will be dived, you will be killed, and then it will be capped.

I have never seen a heimer I couldn't gank. Nekrogen tried heimer once and got totally destroyed against us

FDru

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossef View Post
the thing about ziggs that make him strong is he can be built glass cannon because with his abilities he never has to get in range of the other team, he is almost insta win at windmill unless your team dives right away otherwise he will poke you all to death.

i see him as either your team bans him, or picks him

he has far to much damage for the range that he gets.

i just wish riot would give me my rp prize so i could actually get him.
I think you're overestimating him, though you're right that he's very strong in the windmill fight (because he's a strong team fighter and zoner with all of his AOEs). You have to remember that the windmill fight doesn't decide the game, though. If you think it's going to be a problem, simply don't go to windmill first. We've often employed other strategies when it was obvious the other team was going to dominate the first fight.

Anyway, I haven't found him to be terribly hard to kill with his limited escape options. His satchel charge is pretty much it and it doesn't send him far.