Stop starting Tear of the Goddess

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
When I've bought Tear to start against weak opponents otherwise I've felt like I could have just beaten them out of lane with Prospectors + Boots, and taken the free farm.
Until you get ult, good players aren't likely to die vs. Urgot, in my experience. I dunno, I prefer to spam Qs on the minions to start, then dive them when I get my manamune + ult. I also go for lots of CDR right after manamune, so I spam the **** out of all my skills.

Taenaryn

02-01-2012

Tear is awesome on AD Malz.

Ensign

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
Until you get ult, good players aren't likely to die vs. Urgot, in my experience. I dunno, I prefer to spam Qs on the minions to start, then dive them when I get my manamune + ult. I also go for lots of CDR right after manamune, so I spam the **** out of all my skills.
That's also true, and why I still open Tear sometimes. I do tend to second guess myself; if I open Prospector's + Boots and don't get a kill early, I wonder if I should have opened Tear. If I open Tear and hold my own, I wonder if I should have opened Prospector's + Boots.

But both are honestly acceptable.

The kicker in my mind is that there isn't an immediate downside to opening Prospector's. At worst you just won't kill them because of opening with it. If you open Tear, there's a real chance an aggressive opponent will pick a fight and force you out of lane. You're just taking on a pretty big downside risk to avoid some much smaller downside risks.

Yet I still open Tear when I think I can get away with it. I don't get punished for it often so I guess it's just picking your spots well.

brossef

02-01-2012

the only person who should get tear is ryze because his damage is based of mana.

Panwar

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossef View Post
the only person who should get tear is ryze because his damage is based of mana.
More mana equals more spells. All mana user's damage is based off mana. I'm not saying that everyone shoud get tear, but any champ that spams spells and has mana issues will probably benefit. Also any champ that benefits from an extremely high mana pool(blitz and ryze).