Stop starting Tear of the Goddess

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimike View Post
I used to tear start Sona. All the way through about 1900 elo.

I don't tear start Sona anymore.
Then you took an E to the knee?

SoSalty

02-01-2012

I always do tear when I play Yorick and I start winning once I hit 6 and get my Manamune.

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSalty View Post
when I play Yorick
You're not winning because you started Tear.

Whi

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl Man View Post
You're not winning because you started Tear.
I agree. I do not think tear is a good start for yorick. Unless it is guranteed push.

Radinferno

02-01-2012

only time i start tear is if i play karthus. stack up mana before the game starts, get an AA by lvl 6 and ulti. other then that, for most people, there are better things to start. tear might kinda work for ryze because his abilities do scale with your mana, but any other champ, there are better starting items

Mad Suppordle

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineBovine View Post
Then you took an E to the knee?
But... but... Sona's E makes you go faster D:

I now start prosboots or catalyst depending on my mood/team lineups.

Panwar

02-01-2012

Karthas' defile disagrees.

And while it's kind of a weak start for Blitz, I find my shield being much tougher late game getting that tear from the start. And since it does translate directly into survivability for Blitz, it's not that weak.

SoSalty

02-01-2012

I've seen other Yoricks start with something else and lose. To this day, I have only lost once when starting Tear and it was more of the champion than my build.

Until someone gives me good concrete evidence as to why starting Tear is inferior on Yorick, then I will continue doing so. Besides I only do tear on three champions: Yorick, Urgot and Ryze.

I average 800 bonus mana for Yorick. For Urgot, I usually hit 1k bonus. Tear just scales well with Ryze all game.

Cherokeepimp

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
Manamune is viable on blitz, but once again, you can't start with tear.
Why couldn't you? It's perfect for the extra little bit of blitz shield when on the top.

Ensign

02-01-2012

I will only ever start Tear on Urgot or Yorick if I have no respect for their bottom lane champion / player, and I'm convinced that there's little chance of anyone dying early (aka, bottom lane Morgana).

When I've bought Tear to start against weak opponents otherwise I've felt like I could have just beaten them out of lane with Prospectors + Boots, and taken the free farm.

I think that opening Prospector's + Boots + 2 pots, then buying Tear on the first recall, is much, much stronger than opening Tear on every champion where that's an option.