Stop starting Tear of the Goddess

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isysar

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whi View Post
Ryze needs tear for sure.
He's the only one.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Manamune is viable on blitz, but once again, you can't start with tear.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

The only champion I would put it on in that game mode would be Karthus. You can get well over 100 bonus mana before the match even starts and allow INFINITE spamming at that initial fight up top.

Kultra

02-01-2012

Yorick and Urgot can make a good case for starting with Tear if they are going bot, the ability to have infinite spam is one of their strong points, I can see how rushing Cat without boots might be a good decision on those two but is it really the same?

urmamasllama

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultra View Post
Yorick and Urgot can make a good case for starting with Tear if they are going bot, the ability to have infinite spam is one of their strong points, I can see how rushing Cat without boots might be a good decision on those two but is it really the same?
no. they can not make a good case. mp5 yellows are all you should ever need

brainlizard

02-01-2012

Urgot is a solid tear champ. I main him at 2100 elo with an appropriately high winrate (so OP), so I'm not dumb

The reason it works on him is that he has enough early game to not die to the first fight. Your summoners will see you through an early attack.

What it gives you is the ability to spam at the minions and farm like crazy, both earning gold and stopping the enemy from pushing. By level 6, you'll have farm enough to start crushing the enemy champ every time your ult is up. You don't need an E to farm minions. But if you fire a Q every time it is up, you WILL run oom without a tear. The mid relic isn't enough.

It's not necessary. You can play Urgot to go for a kill in the first few levels, but strong players can usually avoid it. Once you have your ult, however, you can really force fights.

Oh, and EZ should NEVER start tear. Sheen + Brutalizer need to happen ASAP. Bluepill for mana.

DivineBovine

02-01-2012

I find Tear quite useful for sona. She spams her skills so much that she will get capped pretty quickly, and since I build into AA and Lichbane with her, more mana = more ap

Mad Suppordle

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineBovine View Post
I find Tear quite useful for sona. She spams her skills so much that she will get capped pretty quickly, and since I build into AA and Lichbane with her, more mana = more ap
I used to tear start Sona. All the way through about 1900 elo.

I don't tear start Sona anymore.

KimKelley

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
no. they can not make a good case. mp5 yellows are all you should ever need

Seems like armor/level + tear is a more effective use of resources.

As to other points made in this thread. Yes you could use a health shrine to get back mana but it might be taking that away from someone who needs it for the health.

These things said, I don't know that I ever get a tear on anyone but Karthus or the one time I tried Annivia (which was admittedly a mistake on her).

Draydan

02-01-2012

I start tear on Sivir. I love to spam Q when enemy team tries to cap top.

Tried without tear, mana is out too fast.