Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Better AP carry- Gragas or Ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

02-01-2012

in solo queue to 'win' with gragas should i be gathering with my team and sieging towers? or should i go for a more teamfight orientated barell and ult to be most benefit to my team. i;m asking because even though i have a good score at the end quite often i still lose; i know your score isnt everything but it helps to not go 0/5.

OninomizuRaaxon

02-02-2012

Honestly? Ryze. Its not hard to build a tanky Ryze, as its better to stack mana on him than AP, plus, he's the perfect Veigar counter, as Veigar's R also deals 80% of the target's AP damage as well.

Also, Ryze isn't called a recommended champion for nothing

XTreeX

02-02-2012

hmmm im still having some trouble deciding which AP carry is better for solo q ive seen alex ich do quite well...... btw do you guys think i should get the uncle ryze skin?

Rubidium

02-02-2012

AP carry? Gragas. Ryze is a mana carry. The only AP item I might build on Ryze is the Archangel's staff or Mejais soulstealer (If im pubstomping hard). Rod of ages is a choice too, but RoA is more about the mana.

Burbinator

02-02-2012

Quote:
OctaneDragon:
AP carry? Gragas. Ryze is a mana carry. The only AP item I might build on Ryze is the Archangel's staff or Mejais soulstealer (If im pubstomping hard). Rod of ages is a choice too, but RoA is more about the mana.

stop being such a pedant, they serve the same role: main magic damage dealing champion on the team, regardless of whatever they scale off of.

XTreeX

02-02-2012

bump~

Excited Soup

02-03-2012

Imo ryze is scarier than gragas.
The best damage combo for ryze:
W -> Q -> E -> Q -> R -> Q -> W -> Q -> E -> Q
That provides the most overall damage. After that it's pretty much throw your Q W and E around until ult is back up so you can perform the combo again.