Better AP carry- Gragas or Ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

in solo queue to 'win' with gragas should i be gathering with my team and sieging towers? or should i go for a more teamfight orientated barell and ult to be most benefit to my team. i;m asking because even though i have a good score at the end quite often i still lose; i know your score isnt everything but it helps to not go 0/5.

OninomizuRaaxon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Honestly? Ryze. Its not hard to build a tanky Ryze, as its better to stack mana on him than AP, plus, he's the perfect Veigar counter, as Veigar's R also deals 80% of the target's AP damage as well.

Also, Ryze isn't called a recommended champion for nothing

XTreeX

02-02-2012

hmmm im still having some trouble deciding which AP carry is better for solo q ive seen alex ich do quite well...... btw do you guys think i should get the uncle ryze skin?

Rubidium

02-02-2012

AP carry? Gragas. Ryze is a mana carry. The only AP item I might build on Ryze is the Archangel's staff or Mejais soulstealer (If im pubstomping hard). Rod of ages is a choice too, but RoA is more about the mana.

Burbinator

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneDragon View Post
AP carry? Gragas. Ryze is a mana carry. The only AP item I might build on Ryze is the Archangel's staff or Mejais soulstealer (If im pubstomping hard). Rod of ages is a choice too, but RoA is more about the mana.
stop being such a pedant, they serve the same role: main magic damage dealing champion on the team, regardless of whatever they scale off of.

XTreeX

02-02-2012

bump~

Excited Soup

02-03-2012

Imo ryze is scarier than gragas.
The best damage combo for ryze:
W -> Q -> E -> Q -> R -> Q -> W -> Q -> E -> Q
That provides the most overall damage. After that it's pretty much throw your Q W and E around until ult is back up so you can perform the combo again.