More spell-vamp items.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cornmiser

01-31-2012

Make a new spell vamp item: Gives 60 AP and 15% spellvamp. Upon killing an enemy it grants 1 bonus AP and .25% more vamp. Bonuses cap at +40 AP and + 10% vamp. Call it the Soulthirster.

Profit.

The Blue Jelly

01-31-2012

mirror items are disliked for a reason =P

frostymoose

01-31-2012

No. More. Spellvamp.

The Blue Jelly

01-31-2012

With the wota nerf, more spell vamp isn't necessarily a *bad* thing- hell it wasn't before the wota nerf either... but having up to 30% and 100 AP on a single item is just derp OP and obviously so. Only double-wota (which is imo the only reason anybody *****es about vamp) was really OP and that gave 110 AP and 50% vamp- which this item can almost get you *by yourself*. So yeah, not like this...

Plus, there should be a AD Caster vamp item, but there really isn't. So nya =P

Slausher

02-01-2012

we seriously need more spell vamp items though. the only item a mage like karthus or cass could buy was just nerfed from 25% to 20%..... and that hurts. Besides there are many LS items for ADs so there should be more for mages as well.

axesandspears

02-01-2012

Lifesteal is countered by Thornmail's passive and armor, which can be easily built up in large amounts on very good items. Champions relying on lifesteal for survivability are also very squishy, are more heavily affected by cc because mages have their cooldowns recharging during that time anyway, and lack defensive options.

Spell vamp has no direct counters:
-Ignite/healing debuffs only weaken spell vamp. They don't remove roughly 46% of it like Thornmail usually does.
-Magic resistance is much more limited in availability than armor by design, so mitigating the amount of spell damage that can be vamped from you is more difficult.
-Mage items give more survivability than carry items.

Will of the Ancients was just nerfed to weaken it and reduce the availability of spell vamp. This clearly shows that the availability of spell vamp in the game is considered sufficient, or may actually be too high.

Slausher

02-01-2012

your right about the lifesteal, butsion isnt squishy at all, and so is jax. Also not everyone can build armor, like cait or ashe etc. . The point is the only item for spell vamp for mages is will of the ancients, so i dont think spell vamp is in excess. last thing is that survivability doesnt let u stay in lane for long, spell vamp and LS does that, even though a mage usally has more health thatn carries, but thats what i think anyway.

axesandspears

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slausher View Post
your right about the lifesteal, butsion isnt squishy at all, and so is jax. Also not everyone can build armor, like cait or ashe etc. . The point is the only item for spell vamp for mages is will of the ancients, so i dont think spell vamp is in excess. last thing is that survivability doesnt let u stay in lane for long, spell vamp and LS does that, even though a mage usally has more health thatn carries, but thats what i think anyway.
Ashe and Cait can build armor, it just requires spending gold and a slot for something other than auto-attack damage.

Atma's Impaler is a reasonable item for them to get without lowering their damage by much, and Thornmail will give them an advantage against other carries that are going straight glass cannon. This kind of misess the point because it is those squishy ranged ad carries that benefit from lifesteal the most, and they are usually the only champions that actually stack it.

Sion does get a lot of lifesteal, but it is still hard-countered by Thornmail, which should be reducing most of the lifesteal. I rarely see players have trouble against ad Sion in the first place, but considering that Sion would have to lower his damage output by building magic resistance to counter the Thornmail, it will definitely help. Either way, Sion has to build tank items in order to be tough, that free health alone is not enough to get away with 0 defensive items.

Spell Vamp seems to have a much greater effect in team fights than it does for lane sustain in the same amounts. This sort of implies that the amount of spell vamp you would need to sustain yourself well in lane is probably more than enough to make Mages overpowered when the fighting actually begins.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornmiser View Post
Make a new spell vamp item: Gives 60 AP and 15% spellvamp. Upon killing an enemy it grants 1 bonus AP and .25% more vamp. Bonuses cap at +40 AP and + 15% vamp. Call it the Soulthirster.

Profit.
Oh hey look, a perfect mirror of Bloodthirster, even borrows the name.

Guess what Riot's policy of mirror items is? NONE EXIST FOR A REASON!

I have no problem with an idea for a new spell vamp item, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD use your imagination to think up something unique instead of bland Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

fabooloove

02-01-2012

I think the problem is Vlad, Mordekaiser, Katarina, Akali, Rumble, etc. Champions with no mana cost will rush hextech revolver, giving them a endless sustain. So Riot nerf spellvamp like WoTA.
I think they should nerf WoTa, but create a new item with spellvamp AND MANA. That way it would be a waste for champions with no mana, also a little more expensive in order to delay that "non stop sustain"
New spellvamp items are necesary, if u want to see endless push, check Sion, Nasus, Irelia, Graves etc. Auto Attack champions waste no mana farming, with lifesteal they will get their HP for free in about, 8 seconds, and they have TONS of lifesteal items.