Is any one else annoyed by the insane AP or AD displayed in Champion Spotlights?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMagnific

01-31-2012

I didn't really know where this should go, but I guess it does apply to all champs.
The Champion Spotlight is supposed to be for us to get a feel for how champions will play, but I've noticed that in every single one he ends up having like 800 AP or something equally crazy by thirty minutes. I don't see how we're supposed to understand the differences between champs when every skill takes out one third of the enemy's health. Just look at the recent Ziggs Spotlight. At 14:34 he has 312 AP. That's insane and completely unrealistic. You could have that much AP with Evelynn and still do well.

Riot, in the future, please make the spotlights about using champs effectively instead of showing off how fast you can use every single skill in a team fight.

Hashtag Rekt

01-31-2012

Advertising.

Not like theyre covering his build and the time, they're showing what the champ could possibly do.

And why would Riot want to show a clip of the character doing absolutely terrible / mediocre damage? That doesn't make sense, even for the consumer. It will just not get any positive attention.

SkyDives

01-31-2012

thats not unrealistic.... he gets every last hit. thats how you win the game. with gold.

ImIndustructible

02-01-2012

So you want more Yorick Champion Spotlight?

TealNinje

02-01-2012

I want to see why I would pick (Insert Champion Here) against a team that is at least as skilled and balanced as my own team.

MagicMyshu

02-01-2012

free week

Invictrix

02-01-2012

I am more thrown off by the incredible things phreak does with the champions during the spotlight. I mean that part where gragas was going to kill him and then shen swooped in with no time to spare I was like
1. Man I wish people on my team would use shen
2. **** nice timing shen

Then he escaped from 5 people by blowing himself over a wall
1. How did none of those people have a stun
2. I totally would have messed that up and hit a wall and then died

Anyway I don't know how scripted those spotlights are, but I only pull off maye one or two awesome things per match while the champion spotlights always show off like 10 or 12.