Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD vs AS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samujin

01-31-2012

So as the title implies, I'm curious about AD vs AS. So many champions on the crystal scar get a ton of life steal and attack speed and roam around owning face. Champions like Master Yi, Shaco, Teemo, Sion, and so on are examples of such actions. I tend to play pure AD champs like Garen and Riven.

This makes it rough at times cause in games that run on for awhile get to a point where no matter how much AD I have these other champs stomp me. I may hit a lot harder but they attack so quickly and heal for so much I can't cut them down quick enough.

What I'm curious about, being new to Dominion and all, is would it be more beneficial to do the same thing on pure AD champs. I'm no pro at the strategies or numbers behind a build that makes them work so I thought I would ask here.

Would it be better to follow the trend of AS and life steal on more AD based champions like Garen, Riven, Jarvan, and others? I personally would say no since all of their abilities scale so well from AD as we all know. However, I could be completely wrong. I haven't seen one of these AD champs running builds like that but at the same time I haven't played very many matches. So what do you think?

Grantson

01-31-2012

AS is better for champion whose skill kit get some bonus per auto-attack like Vayne, Yi, Sion, Jax, Kog, Kayle, ect.

The ones you've listed Garen, Riven, Jarvan probably benefit more from AD, cool down, and armor penetration.

Rekluze

01-31-2012

Keep your normal build, if you see pure AS builds, get thornmail...

If you see 2-3 people on the other team building AS, harass your team to make thornmail cause you'd be surprised how many people simply don't build any defense at all..

Prometheius

01-31-2012

All those champs stacking AS? They have AD and Atk Spd steroids up the ass at the same time.

Sir Headless VII

01-31-2012

AS is excellent from a DPS standpoint but you DO need some AD as well otherwise you will have to commit completely to every fight, you will not be able to harass effectively.

iProbie

01-31-2012

frozen heart and randuin's

a combination of both would reduce around 48% of total attack speed if it stacks multiplicatively, 55% if additively

from the wikia, it says attack speed reduction reduces the TOTAL attack speed that the enemy has.