WW is gamebreakingly OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Remember when Dominion first went live and everyone thought WW was trash?

Panwar

02-01-2012

I do remember that. You could probably look up some of the old tier lists and see him squarely at rank 3(barely acceptable).

FDru

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Yup. He was one of my favorite champs but he seemed pretty bad at first.

I remember being very annoyed at Uruno's Warwick a few times, and that's when I decided to start playing him more seriously since he obviously had potential. Worked out pretty well I must say

edit: he's still an awful early game champ. Nearly utterly useless before level 6, and still on the weak side until level 9 with some CDR. There's a reason every WW rushes glacial + visage.

Hozartis

02-01-2012

After some more WW playing (as him and against him), I'm thinking Vayne is a good pick against him, since her true damage cuts right through his high armor. This prevents him from outlasting everyone in the team fight, as Vayne can focus him and kill him within a reasonable time.

FDru

02-01-2012

Truthfully any AD with LW and lifesteal gives Warwick a hard time, and LW is surprisingly underutilized for how absurdly good it is.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

WW was always a solid champ, but I think he's over-hyped right now. Countering uber-sustain is always just a matter of coordination.

ILS Approach

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
remember when dominion was out for several months and ww is still trash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozartis View Post
Nah, this doesn't work by the fact certain spells that are better than others. WW's Hungering Strike is outright better than Shen's Vorpal blade in many more ways than one.

WW's Max level Q deals 275 (+1) damage + 20% of the target's maximum life. It's the painful percentage magic damage of the enemy's max life that does it. Thus he can take on any character, and enemy carries have it the worse, since they won't itemize for magic resistance until later. Let's ignore the fact that the spell heals him as well.

Shen's Vorpal Blade, to be truly threatening, would have to read:

Deals 70/115/140/175/210 (+0.75) + 2/4/6/8/10% of the target's max life as magic damage. That unit becomes life tapped for 5 seconds, healing any champions who attack it for 18/26/34/42/50 health over 3 seconds.
his hungering strike is the only damage he has because his ultimate can only be used for a 1.8s suppress, and even at level 5 his q is a 6 second cooldown without reduction. so lets say a tank has 2k health and you hit him with a level 5 q, that's going to do 400 damage before reduction, unless the spell does true damage and doesnt say it. any respectable tank will have magic resist at this point and think about all the other mages who's spells do way more damage on a more consistent basis and still have trouble.

my point is not that shen does more damage but he simply brings more to the table with just his ultimate and line taunt, and i dont think shen is useful at all.

Panwar

02-01-2012

He's not a mage dude. He's tanky dps. And Q is his only nuke his main source of dps is his auto-attacks, which are often assisted by Wit's End/Malady/Bloodrazors.

*edit*
Also Shen brings almost nothing to a fight because his energy costs are so high that he spends most of any fight using his feeble auto-attack.