WW is gamebreakingly OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panwar

01-31-2012

I actually think that one of the more effective aspects of WW is his intimidation factor. There are a few things about him that are just scary especially to those that underestimate him.

I've seen tanky champs running straight at me intent to do harm then one swipe of Q and a huge chunk of their HP is gone and they just turn around the other way. It's gonna be 4 seconds before I can do that again, but I think it's just the shock for those that think they are tough.

Similarly if in early game I pull the whole attack a player while they are full hp and I'm below 1/3 hp and actually kill them and come away from the fight with more hp than I started, that player spends the rest of the match running from me.

WW is tough, but he folds to burst(especially if he gets the afore mentioned mortal wounds.)or consistent cc But after a couple of startling encounters with him a lot of players are just scared to try it seems.

Stimuz

01-31-2012

He's just extremely difficult to deal with. That and he out-tanks and out-damages true tanks while having pretty good utility for team with blood scent and howl + uncleansable ult.

ProSauce VT

02-01-2012

And now a word game.
1 word: AD-carry
2 words: Executioner's Calling
3 words: Quick silver sash
4 words: Learn to kite him
5 words: Learn how his passive works
6 words: He relies on being in melee-range
7 words: He has no cc except his ult
Words of Wisdom: He is no more overpowered then anyone else and has counters just like every champion in the game.

Shaxtenn

02-01-2012

I hate dealing with WW. The ones that build as tanks but manage to pull damage out of their butts. When you're unloading on him as an autoattacker, and his health is going up, it's like "wtf do I do now". They just outlast you until you die.

But I'd rather fight 50,000 Warwicks than Wukong or Ryze or Poppy.

Hozartis

02-01-2012

The best part about playing WW is that you can build extremely tanky, relying only on your Q for damage output. Furthermore, since you are so tanky, players have to ignore you, in favor of attacking the Kogs/Ezreals/AD carry in the back. This gives you 3-4 free Qs in the fight and more. More Qs will be used when you start getting focused, which is difficult, because again, you are very tanky. This is what makes him a pain in the ass: you're screwed if you focus him (too tanky), and screwed if you don't (the Q remains competitive all game and keeps doing high damage).

With max cooldown reduction, which you should have about mid-game, your Q is on a 3.6 sec CD and a 45 sec ult (around that level). With enough points in your 3rd skill, your movement speed, thanks to how often people get knocked to low HP in Dominion, should be constantly high, on top of the free surveillance about their location.

I believe Void Staff is a must on WW, since it keeps your Q competitive all game. Honorable mention to Abyssal Scepter, and any kind of magic penetration. You don't need high ability power, but a Zhonyas Hourglass might be worth pursuing. But don't forget to get more tank gear all day long. The idea is to simply outlast your opponents.

You claim ignite and ex calling are his counters, but that assumes he's dumb enough to stay and fight---he has no need to or any reason. WW can kite, retreat, hit-and-run just as well as anyone else, since his movement speed is high and his Q is deceptively long range. Personally I pack Cleanse with WW in case players try to be smart.

In conclusion, WW is either ban-worthy or nearing ban-worthy status.

ILS Approach

02-01-2012

i heard heroes that have 1 damaging spell and a long cd for the 1.8s cc are good.....i'd say ww and shen are on about the same bottom tier level..except shen is better.

Hozartis

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIakDiK View Post
i heard heroes that have 1 damaging spell and a long cd for the 1.8s cc are good.....i'd say ww and shen are on about the same bottom tier level..except shen is better.
Nah, this doesn't work by the fact certain spells that are better than others. WW's Hungering Strike is outright better than Shen's Vorpal blade in many more ways than one.

WW's Max level Q deals 275 (+1) damage + 20% of the target's maximum life. It's the painful percentage magic damage of the enemy's max life that does it. Thus he can take on any character, and enemy carries have it the worse, since they won't itemize for magic resistance until later. Let's ignore the fact that the spell heals him as well.

Shen's Vorpal Blade, to be truly threatening, would have to read:

Deals 70/115/140/175/210 (+0.75) + 2/4/6/8/10% of the target's max life as magic damage. That unit becomes life tapped for 5 seconds, healing any champions who attack it for 18/26/34/42/50 health over 3 seconds.

Stimuz

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozartis View Post
You claim ignite and ex calling are his counters, but that assumes he's dumb enough to stay and fight---he has no need to or any reason. WW can kite, retreat, hit-and-run just as well as anyone else, since his movement speed is high and his Q is deceptively long range. Personally I pack Cleanse with WW in case players try to be smart.

In conclusion, WW is either ban-worthy or nearing ban-worthy status.
Yup, that's the other thing. Exe calling works in ganks sure, but if anyone in range is under 50%, cyaaaa.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

People are also forgetting penetration, a very powerful effect that 90% of champions should pick up at some point in a match, usually fairly early.

A quick last whisper makes him far squishier than he would like, and means a pantheon can 1v1 him and win due to low cooldowns and armour penetration.

On a sidenote, I've finally broken my curse of the Warwick. For some reason if my team had a WW I would always lose. I don't think it was the WW fault, or necessarily mine, I think it was mostly a team comp issue and also general bad play, but it was rather annoying.

Moving on, a lot of high ELO people find him to be a very threatening champion, often banning or first picking him. The reason is fairly simple, he is quite a hassle to deal with. He is easily dealt with, but he isn't your first target as he is not a DPS. He isn't second target as he isn't a Disabler. But he is a common 4th target, at which point everyone is fairly low on health and the fight against a full HP WW does not look good. Should you split up its over, but if you stick together a well built team can 100-0 a WW even if they are all on 1/8th of their health. Sure one may die, but the WW will be dead too, then the next fight he will know he can't finish everyone off, and the same exact opposite effect of "I'm going to die" will infect him.

TL Dumb Smileys R,
Warwick excels at 1v1, and forcing situations where you have to face him alone. He is incredibly weak in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and anything in between. He is okay in a situation that favours him such as 4v2, but in any even battle or battle stacked against him, he is fairly ineffective. He attempts to zone by being threatening but you know his damage isn't going to be much until he can use multiple Q's on you, and if you don't engage him for too long (say 2v2, you target the other, as WW not putting out much damage except a Q every ~4 seconds, other dies while both of you are alive), you should be able to kill him

Panwar

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
TL Dumb Smileys R,
Warwick excels at 1v1, and forcing situations where you have to face him alone. He is incredibly weak in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and anything in between. He is okay in a situation that favours him such as 4v2, but in any even battle or battle stacked against him, he is fairly ineffective. He attempts to zone by being threatening but you know his damage isn't going to be much until he can use multiple Q's on you, and if you don't engage him for too long (say 2v2, you target the other, as WW not putting out much damage except a Q every ~4 seconds, other dies while both of you are alive), you should be able to kill him
Well he's a bruiser not a tank. Any bruiser dies quickly to focus fire. But I think you are wrong about being weak in 2v2's. I think he is still strong in small skirmishes. In a 2v2 a smart WW will Q a target R them and then Q them. They are quite nearly dead at this point and given a smart partner will be in short order. That puts into 2v1 territory and chasing people down, which is what WW does.

I agree that he does lose effectiveness in larger battles though. Unless people ignore him, and then he's usually left to clean up as you pointed out.