Akali bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

For starters, I myself don't play Akali, but I have a friend who LOVES to play her. Sometimes when we queue, people ask him to go bot, but Akali doesn't seem like a bot character to me. So, as someone who isn't necessarily 100% familiar with Akali, I would like some pros and cons for Akali going bot (or at the very least some opinions).

iProbie

01-31-2012

she's a pretty good duelist.
once she hits 6, you can start going toe to toe with the enemy bot laner

also, her only minion clearing ability is E and Q for the big minion, so pushers the likes of yorick, cass or morde might give some hard time early on due to minion overwhelming

but agreed that she'd better off top because ult refreshes with every assist/kill, making it a dash-fest in teamfights.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Well, I normally play bot, and I play Yorick and Maokai. I usually take Promote and Exhaust.

It seems to me that Akali wouldn't be able to push sufficiently against those two, nor do enough damage. It seems Akali would have a hard time countering Maokai's saplings and Yorick's ghouls.

If I saw an Akali going bot against me, I'd think it was because the issue of bot laner hadn't been discussed in champion select. I haven't seen an Akali go bot yet though; I have seen other squishies such as Ezrael and Talon, and they don't have enough pushing power against Yorick and Maokai.

Could be different at other ELOs though. Like I said, I haven't gone against Akali bot though.

EinzigerAI

01-31-2012

Akali is a pretty terrible choice for bot given the more common bot choices these days, with regards to maybe Cass since she can be pretty squish. The only time she shines in bot is if you need to change your AD bot out for an AP champ or you're going for the bottom gank.

Shinigeekami

06-07-2014

So first you hve to see what you wanne do, apc or support. If you pick the support choice, works if you are expirienced. As a apc she is a quite solide choice. Once you hit 6 you can burst down there ADC so easily. Since pretty much every ADC is low life. And depending on the support, same count for him/her. You might wanne play Akali mid afew, to know when to go in and how to trade well. And you might also wanne have a fitting support. Maybe Leona for the stuns, or Thres,Blitzcrank for the pulls.

MFG Shinigeekami

And remember, you can play everyone everywhere, srsly everywhere

Worst Ali Ever

06-07-2014

you are looking for wolferer and c-sharp

iDontCareLmao

06-08-2014

That necro.

SylianEUW

06-08-2014

Downvote and move along.

Creepers1234

07-09-2014

hi