Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Summoner Profile: Item database

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draginath

01-31-2012

The same way we have a tab for the various summoner spells, it'd be nice to have a database where we can go through the various items and building options. One of the most daunting things as a player, if the pool of champions wasn't enough, is the various items. It'd be nice to have a place where we can just read up on items without having to start a custom game or spend extra at the fountain in-game. We have the ability to plan out runes, masteries, and summoners in the lobby, so I think items would be useful as well.

Thoughts?

boourns

UI Designer

01-31-2012

Yup, would love to have this happen. I've been pushing for item browsing in pvp.net for a while, I think it's a super important piece of information for players to have outside the game. We're not actively working on it right now, but it's pretty high on my personal priority list.

Karn Bishop

01-31-2012

Quote:
boourns:
Yup, would love to have this happen. I've been pushing for item browsing in pvp.net for a while, I think it's a super important piece of information for players to have outside the game. We're not actively working on it right now, but it's pretty high on my personal priority list.

So is that above or below the eve stealth rework? i'm betting its above it.

edit: i know you don't have much to do with eve rework but still.

Barack

Senior Recruiter

01-31-2012

stalking boourns

mattk1987

01-31-2012

or even load a custom build option instead of going threw the damage/life steal etc. tab's have it almost like the rune page/mastery page. but it will be there so u can just click and build as you want instead of the recommonded. of couse keep the recommonded there just incase some one F's up. so ppl can build faster with out cycling threw every thing. just a thought thats all

ShadowStormLOL

01-31-2012

Quote:
Draginath:
The same way we have a tab for the various summoner spells, it'd be nice to have a database where we can go through the various items and building options. One of the most daunting things as a player, if the pool of champions wasn't enough, is the various items. It'd be nice to have a place where we can just read up on items without having to start a custom game or spend extra at the fountain in-game. We have the ability to plan out runes, masteries, and summoners in the lobby, so I think items would be useful as well.

Thoughts?

Not an official tool by any means, but I love to play around with theorycrafting using Leaguecraft's Builder tool.

Go here: http://leaguecraft.com/champions

And click on the "Builder" button below the character. You can plan out masteries, runes, and items, and see what that gives your character as a result.

Also, if you're comfortable messing w/ some more buried files, you can actually create customized recommended items. There's a Riot-developed API hook for it. Info here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1177803

Just throwing out these tools for those who didn't know. Not perfect, but it's something!

Thornmaelstrom

01-31-2012

Summoner tab doesn't show everything, example: spell cooldowns.
Just use the wiki: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Item