The sheer uselessness of Oracle's Extract (Dominion) is astounding.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyeburn

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iProbie View Post
oracle's pretty fine, not too strong or too weak imo

you can get it on anyone as long as your team sticks together and are well coordinated.
Dominion isn't like SR. Sticking together in Dominion leaves points vulnerable and the tiny size of the Dominion map guarantees that someone is going to "back door" your nodes.

Bonabon

01-31-2012

I only ever really get Oracle's if Twitch or Eve is on the enemy team.
Everyone else's stealth is very temporary and is easily countered by the offensive items.
The addition of some variety of wards would be nice, though.

Blazingswordsman

01-31-2012

Well considering they have a stealth rework somewhere I have a feeling the oracles extract was left in there mostly as a temporary counter-item. I don't think they would or should put any significant work into providing a counter to what will become an obsolete-mechanic soon. (I'm ignoring shorter stealth mechanics like Shaco and Akali because those aren't nearly as bad or frustrating. IMO smart play is enough of a counter there, and the items are very effective because you know they are there)

The only problem is who knows when this rework is coming?

Stimuz

01-31-2012

The way I see it if you buy it because you're winning vs Twitch/Eve/Shaco it makes a huge difference since all 3 have a weak early game and a very powerful late game. Buying the early oracles makes the transition from early to late very difficult for them, and delays their comeback, which is huge. If Twitch/Eve is already 15-2 and you start buying it you may as well just throw away the 250.

Little Boy Nate

01-31-2012

Why would you complain about this?

Oracles has the on-death so that you can't go kamikaze and expect not to be losing money. It has a timer so that you can't be super protective and run away from every fight. The cost is also minimal so there is no reason not to buy it against stealth.

If you do not agree with the item then don't use it. It was made as an effective alternative on dominion for stealth champions that are getting a little too powerful. If you are confident on killing that 13/2 eve without it because your team has been so good at spotting her before she is pummeling your back line then by all means.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Its so useless that it gets used in dominion tournament finals.

Also, loled at the akali dominating comment

Taenaryn

01-31-2012

I read somewhere (Announcements, maybe?... no, I think while googling Stealth and Kog's Ult...ANYways) that the stealth rework will make Eve and Twitch stealth work like a very weak version of Nocturne's Ult. That is, they can pass towers, minions, etc without appearing on the minimap but if you're in line of sight of a champ, you will be seen.

Not exactly same topic as OP, but at least somewhat related... :P

crujuco

01-31-2012

soraka + hextex sweeper = best stealth detection unit ever.

Why?

starcall lights up when it is usable even if enemy is stealthed. Hextex sweeper with starcall OP to stealth characters (totally stuffs akali & shaco)

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeburn View Post
Dominion isn't like SR. Sticking together in Dominion leaves points vulnerable and the tiny size of the Dominion map guarantees that someone is going to "back door" your nodes.
You deserve an award for the dumbest statement ever posted on these forums

ZaberZ

01-31-2012

just get sweeper and be k