First place in lost games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mlyy

01-31-2012

I always get first place in a lost game. iono if I should be sad or proud.

with that said, is it just me, or has the quality of players in dominion gone down? The feel of it... it's like dealing with headless chickens.

Xanthic

01-31-2012

Score is easy to farm up and yet you can be the most useless on the team. There are times where score really reflects your real performance, but if you want to win, you should ignore it most of the time.

Examples:
- Waiting for enemies to get low health and then just go in and ks some before you die will fetch you points.
- Helping cap mid point when top point is unguarded just to get points, makes you useless.
- Going around backcapping the entire match putting them to neutral and then just run away. Gives you lots of points, but contributes with nothing unless you actually cap the spots.
- Farming minions while your team is team fighting nearby and losing. Will fetch you points, but makes you useless.
- Going kamikaze on a point 1vs4 to delay the capping by one second, will fetch you points. But makes you useless.

Elalya

01-31-2012

Yeah, score means absolutely nothing. You can sometimes even get a higher score by messing up (read: losing your point at bottom and having to recap it vs. never losing it and thus capping it only once).

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

I used to think its about other players that i always come first and lost

But then soon, i learn to convert my gold advantage from extra kills to be more useful in the team
I also learn score don't matter, you dont need 4 people to cap 1 point when you have ace'ed their team...

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

I would rather be last place on the losing team than first place on the winning team.

Not solely for the IP and record though, I've found that when you do poorly on a winning team that you learn a lot more about what you should improve on than if you are 1st on the losing team. All you learn in that instance is how much your teammates failed.

Edit: I'm not referring to points, I'm referring to map presence and team usefulness.

Ascleph

01-31-2012

You can easily be the worst player in your team and be first, or be the best player in your team and end up last.
Actually, good players tend to end last, since they'll sacrifice their point gains to actually win.

Veztai

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
You can easily be the worst player in your team and be first, or be the best player in your team and end up last.
Actually, good players tend to end last, since they'll sacrifice their point gains to actually win.
This.

I know I tend to end up low on points in most games because I typically let team mates finish capping and because I recall to heal, or hide in the fog, instead of standing on the point.

Sealpup

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlyy View Post
I always get first place in a lost game. iono if I should be sad or proud.
Xanthic covered it mostly.

A primary example is when we lose bottom, a bunch of players would go reclaim it back, and once we do, I have a lot of respect for those who stop capping to go reinforce top.

That's a sign of a good player. Those that 'finish capping' for score is unaware of the impending attack of top, they may have a better score, but, you know.

Mad Suppordle

01-31-2012

You can get first place and really deserve it, but as already mentioned you can get first place and be utterly useless. Or you can get last place and still have contributed the most to your team regardless of what the score reflects. There's nothing wrong with getting last if you help your team win. Score only really holds value if everyone on your team (including you) is already playing smart, and even then it doesn't fully reflect a players contribution.

You can look at your score as a general indicator if you aren't intentionally farming it, but as you play more you'll start to get a hang of who is really contributing to the team without looking at player scores.

LordJerichoSwain

01-31-2012

its not about your score...

same logic applies to CoD

its about helping the team.