Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New HUD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Porsche

Recruiter

10-22-2009

Quote:
valru:
agreed the old ui was simple & clean but effective, the new ui is convoluted, messy, ugly and frankly ineffective at display what I need to know.

its all i wanted to say

Wylte

10-22-2009

Thought I would like the new HUD at first, but after playing with it, it really is a step back. Although it was bigger, the old HUD displayed pertinent information more prominently, and made it easy to watch pretty much everything. The new HUD just seems to want to do too much.

Gornel

10-22-2009

Circles>Squares. This four cornered fad that has been sweeping the uis and menus is bland and average. IMO old hud with team hp in top left.

Grizzly Bear

10-22-2009

* Everything is extremely small, it's really hard on eyes and at 1280x1024 most of the numbers & text are plain unreadable.

* The first (passive) skill button should be removed imho, it only adds confusion. If I wanna check the cooldown for my E spell, I would subconsciously expect it to be 2nd button from the left.

* Stats on the left: icons are extremely tiny and unintuitive. I'd rather have text than icons - otherwise you need to memorize what is what.. Like: "Attack Damage: 50", "Ability Power: 100".

* Health/mana bars, enemy health mana/bars are tiny and unreadable.

* Skill point buttons ("+&quot are aligned in a weird way and also quite often I would forget to level up a skill because "+" doesn't catch my eye.

Grizzly Bear

10-22-2009

Quote:
TMTurtle:
* I would like a way to upgrade a skill without clicking the button. Along the lines of shift-hotkey, ie shift-w on Ashe would upgrade Volley. It'd be great to be able to level and use the upgraded ability more immediately.
Try Alt-Q / Alt-W / Alt-E / Alt-R.

parkguy

10-22-2009

The new HUD is so small, bring back the old one or at least have an option to change UI's.. and at 1680x1050 you would imagine the suffer i am going through..

Kaitor

10-22-2009

My main issue with this new UI is not the fact that the text is small or the art is not beign rendered as it should. The main issue about this UI is that you guys took all the personality in it and trew it on the garbage can... Now it's just the same squared ui... You could make all the changes you wanted without making a squared UI.

Mordraer

10-22-2009

The new UI is really really bad. Having played over 300 games with the old one, I can safely say there was not one thing that needed improvement. I could see everything without having to actually LOOK down at it, I could just use my peripheral vision to see my health dropping low, or my exp bar filling up, or my skills having a +1 available. This new one just confuses me, I can't see my health without looking down at the bottom, the exp bar is almost not even there, my cooldowns are way too small, my items are tiny as could be, and I hate it. I hate it as much as the Veigar stun bug that has been in existence since day one. And trust me, that's a lot of hate.

Paconator

10-22-2009

First of all i strongly suggest that older UI must be enhanced rather than new one.
I attached a screen of my idea.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3602/yenibitelemresmi4r.png

-Visible screen must be circular so we can see around what we are focused on.

-Abilities must not be together at the middle of screen with HP/Mana. Either ability icons will be small (just like it is now), or visible screen height will be reduced if icons are made bigger (which is unbearable with wide screen).

-We do not need our stats at the top left corner. Enemy stats can be enlarged till our stats stands now. So we can see enemy stats better. But it dont need to fill top of screen like in old UI.

-Allied champions icons are fine at left side. (new UI)

-Stats that writes above the HP-Mana bar can be written at the left and right sides of HP/Mana bar (4 stats per side, which is currently 6 per line in new UI). So we can see all stats at UI. Additional stats are hp and mana regen. Combat stats are at left and magic stats are at right.

-Upper right corner is fine. (new UI)

-Adding a cooldown text in ability icons would be fine. Also duration remaining text in buffes.

-To sum up; new Top UI combined with old Bottom UI with Allies at left side. And with some improvements implemented.

-BTW it is just idea. New ability + icon must not intersect with allied icons like I did in my draw ofc.

Zankreth

10-22-2009

Hi i would like to toss in my coinage to the heat of exchange but trying to not keep the criticism too onesided. for starters i liked the old ui but that doesnt mean that it didnt have flaws. The new ui might take abit to get used to but i bet we will pretty quick.

Actually the first thing i noticed when i logged into LoL is how much teh ui looks like HoN (not a bad thing just odd) first time i was actually trying out HoN was yesterday and i noticed how i liked some stuff off their ui that i would very much like in LoL. The party bar is a great quick look to have to see how your teammates are faring without needing to click the scoreboard. And its a really good new thing, another thing that also caught my eye in the new ui. is the icon for your passive spell. Cause it wasnt always easy to remember to locate it and see what you have for passive so thats also a good new addition. Finding information that wasnt out is also good that you´re implementing magic resist etc.

When i was new to LoL i really liked the different design on the ui from dota and how its so similar but its so different it "Really" isnt the same game. Having the buttons to the left is good aestethicly but when you have to glance away from the main screen focus to watch if you have a cooldown ready its a bad thing. So its a really good thing that you decided to put the ability bars in the middle of the screen. Now i dont see why you couldnt keep the ability buttons round but still in the middle of the screen. That would make it enough of a differance from other similar games i believe and keep a strong tie to the old ui without losing the new found strengths.

Now a ui isnt "That" important to gameplay so yes i liked the old style but as i also said there are many new and good things with the new ui.