New HUD

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

razieh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
Yeah, it may be too gold.

We are considering changing the wall art gold to dark metal or silver. Thoughts?

Also, the best art we come up with will inform the style of everything else.
From my perspective, (I am colour blind just to clarify.) I preferred the old-new HUD. The less shiny blue overtone was much nicer. However the "Scoreboard" looks very nice in the new one. As a final note the placement in the new HUD is much better. (The stats, items etc.) One thing that is lacking, a way to know which enemy heroes are alive or dead without hitting tab.

On a semi related note, is the green and red rings/health bars going to be changed, or at least allow us to change them? Being colour blind that is really a pain. Same goes for the creeps, Heimerdinger's turrets, destroyed turrets on the mini-map and Shaco's illusion. That is all I can think of but I am at a pretty big disadvantage not being able to see any of those.

Igbeard

10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
Rayven that looks freaking awesome.

When I saw a screen shot of LoL for the first time the UI was a huge turn off. I couldn't be more pleased with your current revision.

Thorvall

10-15-2009

Rayven, theres alot of unused space on the bottom panels.. i thought the screenshots were taken at 1920x1200 and resized to 1440 res.. so im just guessing that those panels lose their wide open size at lower resolution...

but i scratched up a quickie idea for you, to maybe get an idea for the open spaces if they wind up being there come retail...

just something me and a couple guys were kicking around on ventrilo..

it just moves pieces of information to the bottom panel and reduces the top left overhead as well..

thoughts???

Rayven

UX Designer

10-15-2009
6 of 11 Riot Posts

big thanks to you and the vent guys for putting in the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorvall View Post
Rayven, theres alot of unused space on the bottom panels.. i thought the screenshots were taken at 1920x1200 and resized to 1440 res.. so im just guessing that those panels lose their wide open size at lower resolution...
that's exactly the case.

Quote:
but i scratched up a quickie idea for you, to maybe get an idea for the open spaces if they wind up being there come retail...

it just moves every piece of information to the bottom panel and reduces the top left overhead..

thoughts???
It's really good stuff. Totally clears out the top of the screen for gameplay.

You'll be able to get a similar result through customization we'll offer over time. Wall art will be toggleable and you can drop the target bar into the space. As far as a horizontal layout for the team frames, we'll prolly have an option for that in the future, but not at launch.

Thanks again guys, I'm sure I'll come back to this to snag some ideas at some point.

Thorvall

10-16-2009

thanks for the reply rayven, and i honestly have to say, the new ui you put together is just light years ahead of what we're currently using. cant wait to see whatever they let you sneak in, from patch to patch

on a side note, you are right rayven, the more i look at it, the more the gold is really overpowering the game behind it, so i would think that the gray/metallic/ or even bronze look sorta like the website even, would make it be less "YO IM RIGHT HERE MAN!!"

would be nice to see the runes on the pillars maybe animate in the future to pulse on an off a subtle blue glow... not like the blue on the panels here to the right and the left on the site.. but like barely embers..

okay ima stop, before you wind up with so many things that you never let us play with it

Chainyk

10-16-2009

Quote:
Yeah, it may be too gold.
hate it

Sazabi02

10-16-2009

No thick borders. Clean sleek design. IMO the space between the mid panel and the other two sides could be better used or made a bit more transparent. It seems like a waste of good space.

I like the golden touch. The problem with the new HUD would be making it fit with the PVP.NET client. The PVP.NET client could use the same revamp (removing the thick borders, a few tweaks on colors).

Paconator

10-16-2009

Plz show target's Magic Resist in HUD.

Rayven

UX Designer

10-16-2009
7 of 11 Riot Posts

we will, paco.

Betrayed

10-16-2009

Quote:

it just moves pieces of information to the bottom panel and reduces the top left overhead as well..

thoughts???
I hope you dont mind me using your work but just to expand on what you were doing i found that the top left corner, where the HP bars were, looked a bit funny so i made it a bit more symmetrical, but other then that it looks really nice cant wait for this to be released.
Attachment 4427

Thoughts??