Item Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damoklese

07-21-2010

Ok I have alot of questions about some items and I thought id try and colllect them all in one place to see if I could get some answers.

1) Phantom Dancer: Do all of the stats on this item stack with multiple phantom dancers?

2) When an item has a passive and active ability.. when you activate it does it disable the passive or is the passive always running? (do passive/active champ abilities work the same way?)

3) Do the movement boosts from boots stack if you have more than one set of boots?

4) Is there a cap on lifesteal or attack speed?

5) When an item gives something on ability usage (such as mana from tears of goddess), what constitutes an ability usage? Something that you click and target? or can you get it from toggling an ability?

6) Magic and Armor penetration..how does this work exactly? For example.. Void Staff gives 40% penetration, while Haunting Guise gives +20 magic penetration. Does that just means that void staff bypasses 40% of the targets magic resistance and Haunting bypasses a flat 20? Or is this a tooltip typo?

7) When at item has an aura that effects "nearby champs"..does that include the person wearing the item?

Hmm...I know im forgetting a couple things but I cant remember them now. So, any of these questions you can answer, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

1) Phantom Dancer: Do all of the stats on this item stack with multiple phantom dancers?
Yes, but they stack multiplicatively. Meaning that every next phantom dancer would give you 20% of the remaining chance. First will give you 20% of 100 which is 20. Second will give you an additional 20% of 80 (the remaining) which is 16 (to a total of 36% with the first one). The third will give you 20% of 64 (the ramaining) and etc.

2) When an item has a passive and active ability.. when you activate it does it disable the passive or is the passive always running? (do passive/active champ abilities work the same way?)
The passive is awlays running for items. For champions it is generally the same, with a few abilities being exceptions, but they have it stated in the discription that the passive is disabled untill the active recharges.

3) Do the movement boosts from boots stack if you have more than one set of boots?
No

4) Is there a cap on lifesteal or attack speed?
Lifesteal - No. Attack speed caps at 2,5 attacks per sec.

5) When an item gives something on ability usage (such as mana from tears of goddess), what constitutes an ability usage? Something that you click and target? or can you get it from toggling an ability?
Every active ability counts as such.(toggling too)

6) Magic and Armor penetration..how does this work exactly? For example.. Void Staff gives 40% penetration, while Haunting Guise gives +20 magic penetration. Does that just means that void staff bypasses 40% of the targets magic resistance and Haunting bypasses a flat 20? Or is this a tooltip typo?
You have understood correctly. Void staff bypasses 40% and guise just a flat 20. Also % penetration (like void staff or masteries) is applied after flat penetartion (like guise, sorc boots and runes). If the target has 100 MR and you have void and guise, he will loose 20 and then 40% of 80 resulting in a total of 52 MR lost.

7) When at item has an aura that effects "nearby champs"..does that include the person wearing the item?
Yes. However it effects him in a different way, allowing him to still benefit from this aura if someone else has it. This means that if in a group of champions there are several who have the same aura item, those who don't have it will have the aura buff (once) and those who do will have the aura + the personal buff , resulting in a double buff.

Damoklese

07-21-2010

Awesome.. thanks for the replies.

On #5.. i had a tear of the goddess on my Singed, but it didnt seem like he was getting +4 mana every time he used his poison trail thing. Ill have to check it again to be sure.

On #7.. man...that sounds really exploitable.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoklese View Post
Awesome.. thanks for the replies.

On #5.. i had a tear of the goddess on my Singed, but it didnt seem like he was getting +4 mana every time he used his poison trail thing. Ill have to check it again to be sure.

On #7.. man...that sounds really exploitable.
Tear of the goddess has a restriction of maximum two procks every 6 sec. This is what you're noticing ^^

7.. yes, it is exploitable XD However not THAT much, since the aura bearers usually need it the least And there aren't that much aura items. Plus this rule doesn't apply to stark's fervor (exceptional item, for balance reasons)

Farmrush

07-21-2010

Tear of the Goddess and Archangel's do not work with Singed's poison trail as far as I know. I tried this out before, thinking I could get the +health from his passive, but I don't believe it ever increased his mana.

Marrob

07-21-2010

I have an additional question regarding items (so many questions from this new player, lol). It's actually just really one item, but the concept shares between a few I do believe. The Madred's Razors. I love having those while farming with Tristana at low levels (with the splash damage on the kill, farming goes pretty quick). If you have two of them, do you get two chances at 15% each to do the 500 dmg, one chance at 30% to do 500 dmg, no stack at all, or something completely different?