Transition for support to dps need help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xBombeRx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

tl;dr at bottom

Well so I've pretty much only have played support minus one game with sivir all my games are with taric or soraka. I like the support role and have played it in most every other game (xbox 360 and other computer games) and im on a roll with soraka with i believe 12 wins in my past 13 games.

but id also like to become at least managable at dps so if needed i can do so. i bought katarina and i like her damage and spells and they combo nicely but my main problem is getting used to not be able to take damage run back heal it all and go back in immediately. what are some ways/tips you have for me to get used to the dps type characters? maybe play more cautiously or run with a support player? (although aren't dps characters usually supposed to solo to level up high)

someone in game suggested flash and i thought that would be helpful for escaping or recalling and getting back into battle quickly but i dont get that for 2 more levels. my own home-made solution in the middle of my first game was to buy some life steal items to get health when fighting.

tl;dr i play support suck at dps but want to become a decent dps'er just in case i need to use it. have any tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xpsychedelico

07-21-2010

A ranged DPS would probably be easier. Ashe or Tristana are good choices. You want to always be behind your team in teamfights, barely out of range of your enemies while hitting them. Tristana's passive allows you to do this really well. Positioning is everything, always let your tank initiate.