Can you see how many counters you have?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damoklese

07-21-2010

So I tried the Sword of the Occult on a character today cause it seemed like a good cheap way to get a significant amount of +damage.

Well I wasnt sure if you got counters for killing creeps..or only for killing heroes...so I figured id get it and then see if I gained counters for killing creeps.

Well i got it...killed creeps..and didnt see anything happen. But it seems lame to me that it would only give counters when you killed heroes, since you lose 1/3 of them when you die.

Anyway..I was just wondering if it was possible somehow to see how many counters an item had accrued.

K0sta

07-21-2010

Sword of the Occult only gains charges on hero kills or assists. Once you get your first stack, a status icon appears that shows how many stacks you have.

SethCypher

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoklese View Post
So I tried the Sword of the Occult on a character today cause it seemed like a good cheap way to get a significant amount of +damage.

Well I wasnt sure if you got counters for killing creeps..or only for killing heroes...so I figured id get it and then see if I gained counters for killing creeps.

Well i got it...killed creeps..and didnt see anything happen. But it seems lame to me that it would only give counters when you killed heroes, since you lose 1/3 of them when you die.

Anyway..I was just wondering if it was possible somehow to see how many counters an item had accrued.
It would be even more pointless to give them stacks in the first place if you got stacks from killing creeps.

Farmrush

07-21-2010

It is not pointless to only give you stacks on champion kills. If you don't die and are doing well with kills and assists, you've just turned ~1350 gold into some 110 extra damage and +15% movespeed. That is a lot.

Correct my numbers if wrong. I am working from memory.

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmrush View Post
It is not pointless to only give you stacks on champion kills. If you don't die and are doing well with kills and assists, you've just turned ~1350 gold into some 110 extra damage and +15% movespeed. That is a lot.

Correct my numbers if wrong. I am working from memory.
wow maybe i should try that item.

Hakairyu

07-21-2010

Items such as Leviathan, Mejai's Soulstealer and Sword of the Occult will show up in your buffs. The non-unique stacking items (each item has its own counter), however, such as Bloodthirster and Warmog's Armor (and Rod of Ages) will not show up on your buffs.