Champions that are good for Bottom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emeraldw

01-31-2012

So I think I am going to start testing more champions bottom. So far good ones have been:

Cassiopeia: Fantastic pushing, great laning, good damage.
Morgana: Pretty good pusher, Safe as heck
Mordekaiser: Pusher extraordinaire, no range however, so I worry a little.
Sivir: Pretty good laner, AD carry, can push well.
Ahri: Decent pusher, has sustain, mobile.

Ones to try out more:
Kayle
Maokai (Don't have atm)
Anivia
Brand (Don't have atm)
Cho-gath
Gragas (Don't have atm)
Heimerdinger (Don't have atm)
Karthus (Don't have atm)
Orianna
Vlad
Xerath
Yorrik (Don't have atm)
Malzahar
Swain
Galio
Urgot
Ryze

I could use opinions on those I don't have and some are simply on there because they might be able to do decently down bottom once they have AP. The biggest difference between say Ahri and Cassiopeia, is that Ahri needs AP to be a decent pusher while Cass can push very well from lvl 1 on.

Some I have played against (like Karthus), and wasn't impressed. But I don't know for sure if that champion is "meh" or if the player wasn't abusing the right things.

I should point out that I view pushing bottom as more powerful than simply killing. Sure Kassadin can blow up a lot of mages, but when you have 3 waves on your turret, killing me isn't your most immediate concern.

Any other ones to consider trying out or have opinions on bot champions?

Edit: added Galio, Urgot & Ryze. Unsure about Ryze and Urgot due to lack of pushing power compared to others but do have some AOE and can 1v1 lane well.

Sauron

01-31-2012

I've only seen Anivia in a Dominion game once and it was ZaberZ trolling. Xerath is also not a very good bot, or a good Dominion champ in general. Karma I haven't ever seen bot, but I imagine it would work alright.

The rest you listed are mediocre to great at bot.

As for Karthus, I used to play him a lot -- a good one can really wreck lower Elos. But he is a very nerfed and buggy champion, and thanks to that he can be incredibly frustrating to use. He can still be played effectively as a defensive pusher that ults when teamfights begin at top, but defensive play is boring to me so I stopped using him.

Basoosh

01-31-2012

Give Ryze and Urgot a whirl.

You are correct that strong pushing is an important trait of good bot laners, but being able to 1v1 well, and ability to escape ganks can be equally as important. I find the best bot laners have a mix of all three.

Whi

01-31-2012

Not xerath. So slow and so squish

KimKelley

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I've only seen Anivia in a Dominion game once and it was ZaberZ trolling. Xerath is also not a very good bot, or a good Dominion champ in general. Karma I haven't ever seen bot, but I imagine it would work alright.

The rest you listed are mediocre to great at bot.

As for Karthus, I used to play him a lot -- a good one can really wreck lower Elos. But he is a very nerfed and buggy champion, and thanks to that he can be incredibly frustrating to use. He can still be played effectively as a defensive pusher that ults when teamfights begin at top, but defensive play is boring to me so I stopped using him.

I dunno, there's something to be said for an aggressive suicide karthus for taking over the top turret. They can't stand on the point for safety if not yet dead karthus is there producing a turret wide AOE.

Although, agreed, he's not the best champ.

KimKelley

01-31-2012

Of the ones you don't have, yorick and Maokai are probably the best.

Of the ones you haven't mentioned, I've been using Galio a fair bit bot. He's not the greatest but I find him entertaining and he's a good pusher. Skarner has also been proven, by others, to be a fairly good bot champion.

AbsolutePK

01-31-2012

I had a decent win streak as Malzahar last night, won several times against a Heimer and beat a few Cass' but then ran into Sauron as Morde bot and his 5 man premade and lost pretty badly.

Was pretty fun considering the win streak started with my first ever play as malz.

Ryze bot is fine obviously, Singed is great too, I've had some success with Anivia as well. And Karthus.

Morde is great for bot, always shield never die. If the enemy bot pushes out a little too much just use your cone thing and poke them. You don't need to kill them right out, just wittle them down while keeping your shield up and then just charge in with ulti once they get to 40% and they're pretty much guarenteed to die.

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Yorik, Urgot, Cass, and Sivir are the best in my opinion. Then Ryze, Heim, and Soraka.

If you have one of the top 4, they should go bottom. Ryze *can* beat Sivir/Urgot, but against Yorik/Cass/Heim/Soraka, he can have real problems as he'll quickly be outpushed and outclassed by their sustain.

A good Maokai can do extremely well.

I very rarely see Heim anymore, he's just outclassed.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Just to add my 2 cents: Singed and Soraka are both excellent (though have their counters), and Riven is surprisingly strong as well. As others have said, your list skips Urgot as well, who is probably the best pure AD bot.

Morgana's not all that safe, as she crumples pretty fast if anyone jukes her snare. Her cooldowns are just too long for the CS environment. Malz & cass both do what she does better here.

Emeraldw

01-31-2012

Since I can't figure out how to multi quote:

@Sauron:

I thought about Anivia more, she can't really push till 6 and might lose her turret before then. Xerath I am not sure on but haven't tried him.

Karthus just can't push as well as some of the others. He does eventually get to that OMG KARTHUS state if the game goes long enough. Which might be enough reason to pick him.

@Basoosh

I see the value of 1v1, as a Ryze eventually made my Ahri's life hard, but he could never deal with the wave after wave of minions I sent at him, even if he could kill me. But your right, some of those great pushers can 1v1.

Ganks are another story. If your pushing hard and people come to gank, your probably dead regardless of who you pick. The damage on dominion is so high and low health is almost the same as death. The only champion I have actually escaped ganks I didn't see coming, was on Ahri. And it doesn't take much of a guess as to why.

@general about urgot:

I did forget him, but I wasn't aware he had good pushing potential? I know his laning power is good though.