Ask someone who has played 1000+ Riven games anything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeitKuppler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFell View Post
hi i just bought riven today and im having a little trouble. any good builds ? i feel like she doesn't do enough damage.
For the sake of not repeating myself, please read the thread. Its not very long. I discussed what runes to run and what builds to go

JuiceboxR

02-02-2012

How do you make the most out of her passive? Especially when harassing with your q?

ZeitKuppler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceboxR View Post
How do you make the most out of her passive? Especially when harassing with your q?
Auto Attack in between Q's. If their running away, then close the gap with E & Q. W-> Auto Attack -> Q until your pop up hits -> Auto Attack -> Run away!

Paulacid

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeitKuppler View Post
Auto Attack in between Q's. If their running away, then close the gap with E & Q. W-> Auto Attack -> Q until your pop up hits -> Auto Attack -> Run away!
I don't mean to be rude. But that is a question for someone who's played 10 Riven games.

Here's a bit more of what I was expecting:

When jungling, do you find a lvl 2 gank to be successful often? I find with Exhaust, I can get it for sure if they're being aggressive/beyond the midpoint, but if both those situations don't happen, I find it more likely they'll only burn their summoner and get away.

More often than not, I intend on a lvl 2 gank, but then see that the enemy is staying in their bush, or behind the midpoint that early, and it's not worth going for. Thoughts?

ZeitKuppler

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulacid View Post
I don't mean to be rude. But that is a question for someone who's played 10 Riven games.

Here's a bit more of what I was expecting:

When jungling, do you find a lvl 2 gank to be successful often? I find with Exhaust, I can get it for sure if they're being aggressive/beyond the midpoint, but if both those situations don't happen, I find it more likely they'll only burn their summoner and get away.

More often than not, I intend on a lvl 2 gank, but then see that the enemy is staying in their bush, or behind the midpoint that early, and it's not worth going for. Thoughts?
Top lane level 2 ganks are usually first blood. They won't have a ward there more than likely and you can camp top lane for like 30 seconds to secure fb. Mid lane is slightly harder but if they extend even a little bit then you should get fb. Bot lane is tough cause supports usually buy early wards.
So if your gonna level 2 gank, go top lane for the best chances. You don't need exhaust

GyreFalcon

02-03-2012

I feel like you're making her seem way better than she is. You make it sound like she's the number 1 champion in the game and no one can 1v1 her because she's so awesome. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

ZeitKuppler

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyreFalcon View Post
I feel like you're making her seem way better than she is. You make it sound like she's the number 1 champion in the game and no one can 1v1 her because she's so awesome. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong.
I usually win majority of my lane match ups because I have extensive knowledge of her vs most characters in the game 1v1. She is indeed awesome enough that you can't really counter pick her because she has no direct counters(Unless you put a 2v1 lane against her). She even does pretty well in a 2v2 lane with a support.
In my opinion she is easily a tier 1 champion in the right hands.

There are a bunch of characters in the game you can't really counter pick because they have no bad lane match ups, and shes one of them.

Paulacid

02-03-2012

I would agree with the above. No she's not some crazy OP champ that can destroy everyone 1v1, but there's few that can actually solo her, and those that can, can't contain her.

In other words, she USUALLY gets to choose whether or not she fights, and when she chooses, she has a lot of control of the flow of combat. This is mainly due to her extremely high mobility. The mobility is also why there aren't many strong counter-picks for her. She can fight you, or she can avoid you and still kill minions... or your friend.

Riven sinks or swims in how and when she chooses to fight. Many champs don't have that luxury, which is why Riven can be extremely powerful in the right hands.

WTB Bunny girl Riven skin. Must contain giant carrot.