Ask someone who has played 1000+ Riven games anything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AMonkeyCourier

01-31-2012

Do you prefer boots 3 or Doran's blade when jungling with a hard leash on red?

ZeitKuppler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkeyCourier View Post
Do you prefer boots 3 or Doran's blade when jungling with a hard leash on red?
Boots for a better level 2 gank. But if your teammates fail to leash hard enough on red you will end up too low to gank/continue jungling AND ganking. If your unsure about your teammates leashing red for you, just start blue

Derrick the Red

01-31-2012

Interesting thoughts. I play Riven a lot (though I only have 1300 games played in Normal TOTAL and to those who want to know how to counter MOST Rivens, your best bets are probably GP, Renek (maybe), Tristana (ONLY Tristana b/c she has a jump and a knock-back), and maybe Udyr. All that said, if the Riven is smart and you are doing too much dmg, she will just wait to lvl 6 and kill you then. I find a GP who get's lucky crits to be the most annoying early; however, Riven can win almost any lane and is always a "safe" pick.

ZeitKuppler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick the Red View Post
Interesting thoughts. I play Riven a lot (though I only have 1300 games played in Normal TOTAL and to those who want to know how to counter MOST Rivens, your best bets are probably GP, Renek (maybe), Tristana (ONLY Tristana b/c she has a jump and a knock-back), and maybe Udyr. All that said, if the Riven is smart and you are doing too much dmg, she will just wait to lvl 6 and kill you then. I find a GP who get's lucky crits to be the most annoying early; however, Riven can win almost any lane and is always a "safe" pick.
GP beats riven early but if shes smart he wont kill her. However when Riven hits 6, by that point in lane she will destroy GP 1v1. Riven beats udyr early until he gets wriggles. Then neither of you can kill each other. Tristana is too squishy to counter Riven. I've went up against a few Tristanas in solo top. You just have to bait her into jumping and let her waste her mana out. Her jump will put her outside of auto attack range. Against Renekton you have to kite hit with your stun -> auto attack and build more armor than usual.

Epjest

01-31-2012

How do you deal with Caitlyn or Urgot being sent top to shut you down? This has happened to me twice and was devastating.

ZeitKuppler

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epjest View Post
How do you deal with Caitlyn or Urgot being sent top to shut you down? This has happened to me twice and was devastating.
Neither of them should shut you down.
Urgot is slightly tougher, but he has no escape options if you get in his face.

Start boots +3(or 4 pots) against ranged AD

Cait:
Her escape option is the net. She wont be getting this at level 1 most likely so just Q up into her face all day and do as much dmg as possible. Eventually shes gonna kite you back but you should have done way more dmg to her than she would be able to return back.
By level 3, your goal is to try and make her net away as many times as possible(E up to her and Q once or twice). If she doesn't net, then just go in and do as much damage as you can. When she runs out of mana you basically win the lane cause she has no escapes now.

Urgot: Get in his face and wreck him. He has no escapes <3

At level 6. They should die(Unless they flash). surprise them with a flash E->W if you have to catch them.

This is why its important to start flat ad mostly runes. A lot of players do not even start cloth armor + 5 pots(especially a ranged ad carry). Its difficult to kite Riven because of her toolset so when shes in your face and has that much AD, shes gonna hurt and hurt a lot.

Boomstick II

01-31-2012

How do you beat rumble top? He's always given me trouble.

RickyDown

01-31-2012

Thank you for putting up this thread, i just bought Riven yesterday, and im kinda havin a tough time catching on...
Just a few questions, how do you farm when ranged champs are there to harass you easily with basics??
I realize that going solo top, doesnt always mean the enemy has to go solo too, so how do you deal with 2 champs, my last game with Riven i went solo, and i had to go against an Ahri, and Jax... It just didnt go well
What build do you use when playing Riven Laning, I find myself confused with what to build. I met another person who plays Riven, and said get start with cloth+5 pot, build to Wriggles, get Merc. Treads, then a Trinity Force (i find this actually helpful, i like the AD boost on that adds on to my basic attack from Sheen) then Warmogs, and Atmas Impaler (i dont remember what he said about his 6th item though, i think he said a Blood thirster
Well anyways, sorry for the questions

Folly Inc

02-01-2012

How do you deal with Heimerdinger? I find that his ranged poke keeps him completely out of harms way and whenever I try to close in his grenade blinds or stuns shutting down my damage. So I can't play away from him and i can't close for damage. It doesn't get any better post level six as his turrets gain a slow debuff and keep my mobility at a low.

Freetrink

02-01-2012

Hey, would you be able to add me? Had a few questions trying to get good at riven myself.