Ask someone who has played 1000+ Riven games anything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfalisk

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeitKuppler View Post
Go ahead.
I'll tell you all you need to know.
Why does she seem tanky from the perspective of the player fighting her, when she built full glass cannon?

ZeitKuppler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinguIarity View Post
How do you counter Riven.
Honestly?
The hardest match up Riven has in my experience is AP Nasus. You can't react to his AoE magic attack with your E because its instant and it does DEEPS if you stack AP. Just throw it out when she comes in to CS and and at her tower and she won't be able to sustain forever early game. But if your running AP Nasus, you're team is probably raging at you by now for your build although you should win against Riven with that build.

Edit: Also you can beat a ton of baddy Rivens and Rofl stomp them with Kennen, GP, Garen, Renekton and a bunch of other champions.

ZeitKuppler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
Why does she seem tanky from the perspective of the player fighting her, when she built full glass cannon?
Could be the player's rune and mastery setups. They do factor in a lot as well for early game armor and magic resistance. Thats the biggest factor. The other factor is that if done correctly her E should mitigate a lot of damage. Mid-Late game when shes stacking blood thirsters, she is getting back like 600 hp(or something ridiculous) per auto attack with her ult on. So as long as shes auto attacking something, she wont die. I have 4v1'ed before with a full glass canon build(3 Bts, etc etc) and have gotten a quadra kill.
Hard CC + burst will shut it down though. Very similar to Master Yi in the sense that without hard CC he will probably destroy your team late game. Only difference here is that Riven will do way more damage faster and has better mobility options.

AtrumViscus

01-31-2012

Hows the basement?

ZeitKuppler

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrumViscus View Post
Hows the basement?
Dark.

Kinda like how the doctor described my stool.
Like seriously. What does he know about interior decorating?

SlytherinHeadBoy

01-31-2012

I've been trying to play Riven but I just can't get the hang of it... I don't know specifically what I struggle with, but I love her playstyle and just am not being met with success.
What do?

ZeitKuppler

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinHeadBoy View Post
I've been trying to play Riven but I just can't get the hang of it... I don't know specifically what I struggle with, but I love her playstyle and just am not being met with success.
What do?
Biggest question. What runes do you run and whats your build order?

SlytherinHeadBoy

01-31-2012

I start boots + 3 pot or cloth + 5 pot depending on match up
Then I build a couple dorans blades before brutalizer and then a bloodthirster to a last whisper usually.

Runes I use move speed quints, ar pen reds, armor yellows, mr blues

ZeitKuppler

01-31-2012

All the armor pen you need early game will come from masteries. You don't need armor pen runes and especially move speed quints. Get flat AD Runes.
I run straight flat AD runes and blue cool downs. The yellow armor is fine I guess but I prefer that to be more flat AD. Replace your blues with cool down blues.
You never need to build last whisperer unless their stacking armor.

Lynk The Hero

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeitKuppler View Post
Dark.

Kinda like how the doctor described my stool.
Like seriously. What does he know about interior decorating?
Ha, Plinkett Reviews.

I don't really have a question, but it is unfortunate that you made this thread today. I am about to post a Riven guide here, haha.