Ask someone who has played 1000+ Riven games anything

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeitKuppler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Go ahead.
I'll tell you all you need to know.

Kavlax

01-31-2012

What does Riven bring to the table? I've only played a little Riven myself but she didn't seem particularly unique or effective. What is it that you like about Riven that she has over other similar champions?

ZeitKuppler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

She wins about 98% of her lane match ups. She barely has any negative match ups. Her "bad" match ups and "counter picks" will always just come down to the fact your lane opponent is too hard to kill by yourself, but at the same time they can't really kill you either. Characters like Udyr, Nidalee and Renekton are a few examples of this.
She absolutely destroys most popular solo tops due to the fact they can't contest her at level 1. I run 25/4/0 masteries and flat AD runes/blue cds. At level 1, my Q will normally bring them down to 1/4th health unless they have pure flat armor runes across the board(basically the only counter to this. Like for example a lee sin with a page of just armor runes would be a tough level 1 match up.

In team fights she has the ability to jump in a few moments later like an assassin character and destroy the enemy carry in a matter of seconds before they have time to retaliate. She has possibly the best late game in the game. She has the potential to get the most flat AD in the game because of her ult. So by then your running around with 600+ ad, your E shield is giving you 500 health every 3 seconds and your auto attacks are hitting for 600+ dmg. And thats not even talking about how much your W, Q and R are gonna do to them.

She escapes most ganks pretty well and can go in and out really easily. The only character more mobile than her is nidalee.

Got any character match up problems? I'll help you out.

UknowsI

01-31-2012

Since you play around 7 matches with Riven every day on average, do you have time to play any other champions or do you only play Riven?

ZeitKuppler

01-31-2012

I will on occasion play another character. AP casters usually.
But Riven is unrivaled fun.
I think I might be a bit off on the 1000 games though. It might actually be closer to 800 now that I look at it again(Counting Ranked. Normals are kinda hard to keep track of so I'm estimating that).

My MF mid beats most ap champion match ups I go up against

Kavlax

01-31-2012

"She has possibly the best late game in the game."
That's not something one can say lightly. Granted I don't see much riven in my matches ~1300elo, but I have never seen a strong late game riven. Do you build her more assassin burst than tanky metagolem? How exactly can you justify this claim?

"The only character more mobile than her is nidalee."
I know she has several small dashes, but I'm not buying it. Other people have better positioning tools like Lee and Kas, while Udyr, Singed, and Blitz can all beat her in a run to name just a few.

Perhaps something visual would help since I don't think I've ever seen a really good Riven in a match. Do you have a video of some very solid Riven games be it tanky or carry?

ZeitKuppler

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavlax View Post
"She has possibly the best late game in the game."
That's not something one can say lightly. Granted I don't see much riven in my matches ~1300elo, but I have never seen a strong late game riven. Do you build her more assassin burst than tanky metagolem? How exactly can you justify this claim?

"The only character more mobile than her is nidalee."
I know she has several small dashes, but I'm not buying it. Other people have better positioning tools like Lee and Kas, while Udyr, Singed, and Blitz can all beat her in a run to name just a few.

Perhaps something visual would help since I don't think I've ever seen a really good Riven in a match. Do you have a video of some very solid Riven games be it tanky or carry?
-Depends on the team comp/how the match is going. If your team has a ton of CC, then always build Assassin(3 BTs, GA, Brutilizer, Lucidity boots). If you build her tanky dps, then she will still be able to get up to 300-400 ad with her ult and be super hard to kill. My favorite build for new riven players especially since she can tank hits for a long time and still kill fairly fast.
Not many characters can really do that. If you play any sort of hyper carry their usually super squishy. Tanky DPS characters don't have the burst that Riven can output with her ult.

-Possibly Kassadin has more mobility than Nidalee and Riven. But she definitely has more mobility than Singed, Lee Sin, Udyr and Blitz. With max CD reduction her E is on a 3 second CD and her Q is on a 5-6 second cd. Most characters in the game are not catch up to that or getting away from that. If they manage to get next to you, she just has to stun you to buy some time then E and Q away again. I know this from pure experience. Can't really go beyond that. I would say Rammus also but his roll isn't on as short of a CD.

-I'll record some Riven games tonight and post them here with LoLReplay using tanky and assassin builds.

Kavlax

01-31-2012

I never saw her as much of a threat to a lane. Certainly never saw her as anything resembling a threat late game. You've given me something to think about. Do you have any preferred guides or videos to check out?

ZeitKuppler

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavlax View Post
I never saw her as much of a threat to a lane. Certainly never saw her as anything resembling a threat late game. You've given me something to think about. Do you have any preferred guides or videos to check out?
Westrice builds Riven and plays her a bit similar to me so check out his Riven. His play style and build preference is a bit different from mine, but the main point is there.

SinguIarity

01-31-2012

How do you counter Riven.

12345 ... 6