Surrender time needs to be shorter

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

Senior Member

01-30-2012

The time before you can surrender needs to be shorter than... whatever it is now.

It needs to be, like, shorter than the total game time of the average game with a leaver.

Ten minutes is already questionably over-long as a time to surrender for Dominion. I don't know what the actual minimum time is, because every time the score is 2 to 460 and I try to surrender, it says that it's too early in the game to surrender.

How late is late enough? The world may never know!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Encouraging

Senior Member

01-30-2012

If the whole team *really* wants to surrender, they can just stay in their base.

Surrender spam early in the game would be annoying.

Also, dominion is a lot more likely to turn around than SR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-30-2012

if they make it at 5 minutes, and limit it to only surrender-able if your team has 4 or less player, then i am totally fine with it !


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

Senior Member

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encouraging View Post
If the whole team *really* wants to surrender, they can just stay in their base.

Surrender spam early in the game would be annoying.

Also, dominion is a lot more likely to turn around than SR.
If they're not going to let you surrender, then they should just say "you cannot surrender in Dominion" instead of playing Catch-22 with it. I guess that's all. The comment below about leavers-only surrenders after 5 sounds groovy, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
If they're not going to let you surrender, then they should just say "you cannot surrender in Dominion" instead of playing Catch-22 with it. I guess that's all. The comment below about leavers-only surrenders after 5 sounds groovy, though.
Not sure what you mean by groovy, and not sure how experience you are with Dom

but games where you are down by 400 points are still win-able if its 5v5 and your team get your act together and play as a team, happened so many times to me before

I dont see the need to give up any 5v5 (aside from trolls, who will never click yes on surrender)

And 4v5 is also win-able, even from the start, but its just extremely difficult, esp. if your bot get ganked right after loosing top...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

Senior Member

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Not sure what you mean by groovy, and not sure how experience you are with Dom

but games where you are down by 400 points are still win-able if its 5v5 and your team get your act together and play as a team, happened so many times to me before

I dont see the need to give up any 5v5 (aside from trolls, who will never click yes on surrender)

And 4v5 is also win-able, even from the start, but its just extremely difficult, esp. if your bot get ganked right after loosing top...
If they're going to think like you, then why do they pretend that there's a surrender option, but one for which you're never actually going to be eligible? If surrender just isn't legitimate, then why would they even tease us with it?

Most players don't want to suffer through a 4v5 with a leaver. In bots that might work out ok, but 90% of the time it is demoralizing to play through, and even more demoralizing if you had 5 and still lost. It's just bad feelings waiting to happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
If they're going to think like you, then why do they pretend that there's a surrender option, but one for which you're never actually going to be eligible? If surrender just isn't legitimate, then why would they even tease us with it?

Most players don't want to suffer through a 4v5 with a leaver. In bots that might work out ok, but 90% of the time it is demoralizing to play through, and even more demoralizing if you had 5 and still lost. It's just bad feelings waiting to happen.
i think surrender available at 20th minute only shows RIOT has been lazy and inconsiderate of that functionality on this map.

A game at 20th minute has to be very close (unless everyone did nothing first 5 minute),
which is very pointless to even surrender

The 4v5 was kind of backed up by my comment earlier, the one about "5th minute" above.
Sorry my English is a little confusing from time to time.

Yea, its demoralising if you lost a 5v5, but if you lost a 5v5 and gave it your best shot, it does feel quite good (at least for me) and you do end up learning from the game and hopfully improve as you go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eydolon

Senior Member

01-30-2012

10 mins surrender in summoners rift please.!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Encouraging

Senior Member

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
if they make it at 5 minutes, and limit it to only surrender-able if your team has 4 or less player, then i am totally fine with it !
I've turned around games like that multiple times, especially when the 5th person comes back.

Maybe if one player has no score after 5 minutes, so that it would be clear that they had been afk/never successfully connected.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

Senior Member

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Yea, its demoralising if you lost a 5v5, but if you lost a 5v5 and gave it your best shot, it does feel quite good (at least for me) and you do end up learning from the game and hopfully improve as you go.
I meant that if you're the 5 in a 5v4, then losing is really extra demoralizing. If you're the 5 in a 5v4 and you lose, it's still cheap and a waste of time. And if I ever win as the 4 in 4v5, then I just kind of pity the other team more than anything else.


12