Items that give casters more movement speed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aequitas147

01-29-2012

Noticed that most AD champs like to get Phantom Dancer not just for the added crit and attk dmg but that movement speed is killer! I like to play as a caster most of the time and I find it basically impossible to get away from these guys. Shouldn't they have am item thats like Phantom Dancer, but for casters? What do you think?

youganz

01-29-2012

Lich Bane? idk the proc is like a crit to me.

aequitas147

01-29-2012

I guess that could work. I was thinking just switch out the phantom dancers attk power for ap and the crit for mp5. Guess Lich Bane will have to do lol

Luthien Kess

01-29-2012

Depending on the caster, movements speed isn't a stat I worry about. If it is I throw movespeed quints on.

ADC Annie

01-29-2012

lich banes pretty much it for casters unless they wanted a fon @.@ and lich banes pretty much almost end build item otherwise its useless lol

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

Boots.

Rounder22

01-30-2012

Many casters have stuns, slows, physical blocks, etc., as well as very high burst ability. These things help account for the differences.

Mr SafetyDancer

01-30-2012

It would help greatly in Dominion. Seeing ADs with boots and a zeal or two makes my AP characters cry.

Vanilla Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Casters get the short end of the stick currently with itemization compared to AD. Movespeed is just one of those areas. Another one is spellvamp VS lifesteal: How many options are out there for spellvamp? 2: An aura item, or an expensive hybrid item, nothing specifically for solo-laning AP casters.

How many options are there out there for lifesteal? I don't even know. 14? They come all over the place, and are even available as an initial purchase (vamp scepter). In addition, lifestealing can be done infinitely without ever running out of mana, nor does it suffer 1/3 effective lifesteal from certain moves.

Someday, maybe, Riot will balance it out.

In the meantime, take heart that AP champs bring some of the most potent CC in the game. I'm pretty sure being able to chain-CC that fed enemy carry is one of the most important things one can do to win a match

911toast

01-30-2012

boots of swiftness are really your only option other than lich bane, which really doesn't work on most ap champs. You can still buy a clownface to get that 20 magic pen you would normally get from sorcerer's shoes.