When to get WotA on Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Consider that only 25% of your actual damage dealt is coming back to you as a result of WotA. 750-1000 health is BS since your ULT is already giving you 250-500 of that.
I was implying his ult in that number, so yes you do get 750-1000 health back, half from your ult and half from WotA. Look, if you like flat health as opposed to effective, continuous health, then that's your prerogative. Over the course of when you leave base til you blue pill you can easily regain 1000 health back from WotA alone, so I don't see how getting Rylais/giants belt/RoA/etc is going to benefit you more, especially when you consider price efficiency.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ensign

02-01-2012

With the nerf you should be sitting on the Revolver a lot longer, upgrading to WotA once you have space.

When to buy the Revolver? As soon as you can get away with it. I'll almost always buy Catalyst, Tear, and Glacial Shroud first. I will often buy a Negatron Cloak as well. But I almost always buy the Revolver before I build something with the Catalyst or finish Frozen Heart.

I feel like getting the Revolver is the point where Ryze 'goes off'; before then he is simply a reasonably good mage, but once he has Shroud and Revolver he turns into a 600 range murdering ball of death.