Pub stomping with a friend.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarevokok

01-30-2012

My friend wants me to duo with him to get him out of 1200 elo range so I'm going to help him.
Going to start off saying, I hate ranked, I've been gold last season in arranged 5v5 and I've been up to 1680 this season doing duo. Only reason is that my friends wanted me to play with them last season for the 5s so I agreed. Only reason I even do duo ranked is with a buddy of mine who I met on WoW about 7 years ago that loves to do ranked. I'm not a "high" ranked player, I'm not a pro. Just better than the average joe at games.

Was just wondering, who are good "pub stompers?" I usually play AP. That's my bread and butter. That's my love. It's what I do. First characters I ever played when I pick up this game two years ago were Kassadin, Karthus and Ryze. For some unknown reason, when I play "tanky ad" characters, I'm a squishy virgin on them. Only tank I seem to have the ability to STAND in their team and laugh like a clown at them is Amumu. I love the little guy <3
So just some thoughts from people who have a good knowledge on this particular subject would be much obliged!

Here are the only champions I do NOT own. Sejuani, Viktor, Volibear, Fizz, Riven, Kog'Maw, Shen, Galio and Urgot.

LegendaryHobos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Kass is really strong if you don't get counter picked.
Morgana if she isn't ban, strong laning phase and a team destroying ult.
Karthus is extremely scary if fed, and a good karthus has a better chance of getting fed due to being able to ult kill other lanes if needed.
Brand is pretty much the meaning of WTFBOOM
Ahri seems pretty good too, but I haven't really seem too many fed to really judge.
I seen good cass destroy teams, her damage output is insane if you can get it off.
Le blanc if you feel that you can rock early game with her.
There is probably still more, but I really don't know enough about them to judge.

Just my input.

WarlordMichael

01-30-2012

pretty much kass, kaRthus and ryze are all pubstomper mids each for different reasons (each is hard to counter, each counters various other mid champions very well), stick with those if they are your favorites, and feel free to expand into other AP mids later on.

Sarevokok

01-30-2012

God I over play Ryze as it is. My friend and I love doing Ryze/Xin Zhao or Ryze/Graves bot and making all the other support/range CRY and feed us during the laning phase. I strongly believe Ryze needs some numbing down in power. Thanks for the feedback, generally the same champions I was thinking. How about some AD? Such as Nasus and Gangplank.

FaerellG

01-30-2012

Kassadin gets banned pretty frequently, so be careful there.

The typical AP bans I see are Kassadin, Ahri and Sion.

Sarevokok

01-30-2012

^ People don't like Kass. I've the Festival skin on him, purity thing it is.

Ryze isn't banned often so him and Morgana were my first thoughts. I've a lot of experience with Ryze and a really good feeling of what he is and isn't capable of. I haven't played Morgana in quite some time though, I used to play her non-stop but got bored.

breadbocks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Ryze, Karthus, and Kassadin. Learn to play all 3 and you're set.

Sarevokok

01-30-2012

Kass and Ryze I know how to play really well. Never could be a boss Karthus for some reason.

WarlordMichael

01-30-2012

Its cause you type it wrong its kaRthus not Karthus

Regarding AD's nasus is extremely passive in lane, and spends too long farming his Q to really be considered a pubstomper (as pubstompers want those early kills to force quick surrender votes and generally demoralise the enemy team). Gangplank is extremely strong in lane and out and will easily carry low ELO games. If you are looking for solo top bullies, Garen, Irelia, Renekton, Rumble are all scary champs top.

If you play rumble you want your AP mid to be your friend and each rush WoTA, this will make you both almost unkillable in teamfights.

Devious Rogue

01-31-2012

Play Brand. He pokes harder than Ryze and faster as well. I play Ryze all the time. He's pretty g. Ez is good at poking as well. Malzahar nukes people down in one hit. But Karthus. Ma gawd, that guy changes games so much. Amumu is great for team fights though.