Vlad as a bottom lane.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangarde

01-26-2012

The last two times I played bot I went up against Vlad and struggled. I played Maokai and Ryze.

I figured I would lose the lane with maokai (sustain beats my bully in the long run)
but i was surprised to not be able to stalemate with Ryze. bleh. Most likely my own lack of skills since I recently picked him up.

Thoughts anyone on Vlad bot? I know we didn't think he was a good pick but maybe his recent buffs make him decent for that lane?

FDru

01-26-2012

I laned against a Swain earlier who rushed RoA and pushed him around quite easily. I went to lane with boots and a negatron cloak, killed him without using summoner spells. Pretty much won the lane for the rest of the game (but was ganked a lot, sadly).

Tides of Blood is extremely good damage early game, and with the health relic and some pots it's very easy to keep the stacks up. As a dedicated bot, it might be worthwhile to put several points in E and Q early and keep pool at level 1 as an emergency escape. Probably risky... but it would give you tons of damage and sustain.

Glorious Bird

01-26-2012

Sounds like its a item/rune/mastery problem. Vlad can't nuke you without putting himself in "rape me" range as Ryze and Maokai's stun/push/harass is just plain brutal.

Vangarde

01-26-2012

I agree Maokai had the range. I should have explained that game more often. Early game was fine. I even took the tower a few times till a 3man gank squad forced me out. As game drew on I know as Maokai my burst will trail off and not be able to win trades anymore. Vlad also pushes harder late game. I was forced back to turret and lost to minion attrition along with health attrition.

Ryze...yah....at a loss. I am still assuming i just did badly.

PerfidiousAlbion

01-26-2012

Vlad is actually a pretty solid bot champ. He struggles for the first couple of minutes, but once he's gotten his WotA and boots he's pretty hard to dislodge even with some of the strongest bots.

Shaxtenn

01-26-2012

Maokai's strength is his burst (well, one of his strengths). A full combo of E W R Q R is beastly. Lich Bane is an excellent, excellent item on him. Unfortunately you're probably only going to be able to hit Vlad for ~80% of his health, and taking him down to anything higher than zero will just see him Transfuse back to full in 15 seconds or so.

Vlad has some fundamental issues with his design, and I think they're going to nerf him back in the next patch or two. Until then - take ignite? Or start hoping for an anti-heal item for mages.

PerfidiousAlbion

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
Vlad has some fundamental issues with his design, and I think they're going to nerf him back in the next patch or two. Until then - take ignite? Or start hoping for an anti-heal item for mages.
Given that they just buffed him I think it's fair to say that Riot is unlikely to be nerfing him any time soon, seeing as they obviously thought him to be too weak only a short while ago.

666shadow666

01-26-2012

ryze should be able to take him down,

raynac

01-31-2012

taking down vlad is my specialty with ryze, when i see him i do a little happy dance of joy

just q him when ever he goes to q you and then q him again or q w e q him if you want a quick burst, i know the sustain is supposed to be q w q e q but that takes a lot longer and they usually escape