Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How Do You Counter Jax FFS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slits

01-30-2012

TLDR (i deleted my thread)

What items actually put a dent in JAx's damage output?

Please no:
-L2Play (obviously trying to, youre not helping)
-Pick XX Champion (I dont play Draft)
-Play Draft (Cookie cutter teams, no thanks, i want the freedom)
-Dont play AD melee (i usually dont, i like AP, Tanks, Bruisers, Ranged)

ImCoolerOnline

01-30-2012

Early game u should dominate most jax. Once he gets ult lvl 2 I think thats lvl 11 he starts to pick up speed, by end game u will need 2 people to kill him as he can 1v1 kill almost anyone and win. Some champs that can still give jax problems towards end game if you want to counter him then (early game should be a joke he sux) then pick from one of these;

Cassiopia
Ryze
Ahri
Vayne (you have to be good, but you can win if u stun him)
Warwick (Ive lost 1v1 to a tanky ww who was out lifestealing me)

I play jax all of the time and by late game I can rip apart anyone except these champs who sometimes I'll win and sometimes I wont.

Edit: Best items to get Wardens -> Randuins and Frozen heart

Stimuz

01-30-2012

Focus him. Its easier than it was before due to the loss of dodge. He's near impossible to 1v1 though.

TakinTheHeat

01-30-2012

Frozen Heart and Randuin's Omen will reduce his attackspeed massively if he chooses to attack you. If you aren't a tank just get Omen and use the ****ing active.

If I see jax on the enemy team(which you cant, because you dont play draft), I just make sure to get nasus or malphite. And build one of those items. They cripple him.

Slits

01-30-2012

so in other words, if you are playing in a pug, and jax is on the other team, enjoy your butt rape courtesy of Jax?

i might as well quit again lol, he completely ruins the dominion game experience for me, and the noobs ruin the 5v5 for me, so unless im playing bots, im not having fun in over 50% of my games

brossef

01-30-2012

really your qqing about jax?

did you even play against him post nerf?
where he built pure damage and gained a ridiculous amount of health, and blocked every autoattack.

you deal with him same as before, ap burst with cc. dont play ad autoattackers those are his specialty.

Slits

01-30-2012

Quote:
brossef:
really your qqing about jax?

did you even play against him post nerf?
where he built pure damage and gained a ridiculous amount of health, and blocked every autoattack.

you deal with him same as before, ap burst with cc. dont play ad autoattackers those are his specialty.

maybe its because i play in pugs, but yes, and i know i possibly cant be the only one, i posted this here, because he ruins the dominion experience. and i kno AP CC is his counter, but i dont always pick AP CC, i was asking about items. and i generally try to avoid AD characters for this very purpose, when i do its usually Kogmaw or Trist.

and thank you for the guy that suggested Randiuns, i normally thought frozen heart was his only counter, but it didnt fit very well with some of the champs i play, but i now realize Randuins slows AS as well and it benefits every champion, thank you for your helpful answer good chap.

lbgsloan

01-31-2012

Burst damage, cc. He doesn't get free health, free MR, and free dodge anymore. He can't stand in the middle of a team and win anymore. Either he builds tanky, in which case he's no worse than any other tanky DPS, or he builds DPS and dies to focus fire in 3 seconds. If you took a team of tanky DPS with no AP burst, that's your team's failure.

Infirc

01-31-2012

Jax is no longer that big of a Threat, since the removal of the old Op passive you can just outburst him since he's a constant dps, if you have someone with enough burst damage on your team, you could nicely ask him/her to be Jax's personal Bane.
The new and nice FREE WIN GG dominon threat is Garen.
Edit: Well garen's always been a Free win champ on Dominion but he used to be outshined by pre-nerf Hexblade Jax.

larkhill

01-31-2012

jax is a 1v1 dueler. if left alone, u will not beat him. u need to burst him down. tell ur ap carry to follow him and take him out. the minute jax gets tanky enough to live through the initial burst of your mage, u lose. not much has changed really. jax will still dominate late game. he just fails early game even moreso than before.