endgame overpowered champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeta

07-26-2009

What is the opposite of a carry, a hero that starts off great but then levels off towards the end game like Sivir?

Teran

07-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
What is the opposite of a carry, a hero that starts off great but then levels off towards the end game like Sivir?
I don't know about that specific example but in concept yes, a carry is a hero that can be effective without a ton of items and levels and generally can dominate the early game if played correctly. They are never obsolete but will be eclipsed eventually once carries get fully powered up from levels and items.

These classes are very important and often not very popular because it's much harder to get an impressive kill number in the game and people are intimidated knowing their class often has an expiration date.

Ohh, and slightly off topic... what does it mean when the game announces that someone got an "ace"? I've gotten it a few times but have no idea what I did to get it. I'm guessing it means I killed each enemy hero at least once, am I correct?

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

07-26-2009

Teran, you have it backwards. A carry is a hero that is weak/ weaker without items and levels [levels not always] and can become very strong late game
an ace is when you kill the last living member of the enemy team

Snice

07-26-2009

There are heroes when allowed to free farm/get kills become very good. This is how it is with DotA too. Don't let them free farm and win.

Voygirl

07-26-2009

I hear defensive items are good against farmed carries. ^_~

Lollerman

07-26-2009

They're no OP just because you don't know how to counter them... that's like saying the hand sign "rocks" in the game "rock, paper, scissors" is OP because you didn't know you could use "paper".

Saeryf

07-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
They're no OP just because you don't know how to counter them... that's like saying the hand sign "rocks" in the game "rock, paper, scissors" is OP because you didn't know you could use "paper".
Haha, I love that... On the point of the board, I've played Jax several games in a row, and I start off slow, (painfully if they're ranged in my lane) but I've yet to finish off his build, start with lifesteal, ninja boots, finish Bloodthirster, and farm up Infinity Edge, by 18 with my runes and mastery I get crits for 800 without empower up, 1132 was the highest I saw with it up, doesn't matter who it is, if they don't have someone to back them up and CC me I win. So if you're talking about the end game, I've successfully countered 'carries' with Jax, I never even got the extra 20% dodge from the dual swords (forgot the name).

If you've got someone that simply won't die, try to creep for a bit while keeping an eye on the base, just get the right items. =)

In summation, it's really up to the player to make a hero 'OP' by the end, teamwork will almost always take someone down (Rammus with Guardian Armor possibly excluded) Just communicate on when a hero is missing from a lane and such, knowing is half the battle! (Had to...=/)

UnknownElementX

07-26-2009

what I'm talking about isn't someone farming to a few levels above. (and yes i know what the term "carry" is. just cuz there is a term doesn't mean it should be unbalanced)

I'm talking about someone who is doing good at champion killing and gets a few levels ahead of everyone else with a fair amount of cash. they get really good items and it snowballs. Ive played multiple games where one out of 10 characters is like 5 levels above everyone else and has all of the max items.

It isn't the levels as much as the massive gold earned by that one player from killing champions. all those max items make an insane damage difference. even the tanks get steamrolled in a few hits.

Marduke

Adjudicator

07-26-2009

Well sounds like your team fed the hero. Not really sure what you expect.

UnknownElementX

07-26-2009

in regards to Saeryf: your talking about like one of the highest melee damage characters... its not like most of that characters have he option of doing that much damage in one hit. not to mention that its near impossible to farm up when there's one guy who can just run between lanes killing in a few hits.