endgame overpowered champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnknownElementX

07-25-2009

this is the third time where one person has gotten a few extra kills, gets too many items and becomes unstoppable and a whole team cant defeat him. there needs to be some limit on top tier items. its absurd that one person can kill an entire team. its perpetual and as long as they are a little ahead to get some kills they just sprint ahead of everyone

Marduke

Adjudicator

07-25-2009

Can you be a little more specific? I can't think of a single hero that can take on a whole team by themselves and win, no matter what items. Was the team not fighting back?

Depravity

07-25-2009

Be reminded that it is still the beta and newcomers are coming it. Essentially they're fresh meat for experienced players -> get gold -> get "op". I haven't really seen any hero that can't be stopped. It's a team game, if someones new helping them helps you too =]

UnknownElementX

07-25-2009

well I've played one where ashe would kill 2-3 of us almost at once (3 shots per) and another where twitch was sniping people from his invisible. either way it ends up completely unbalancing the teams as it is hard enough to kill that person let alone him and even just 1 other person. it just seems like you shouldn't be able to be that powerful.

Garak

07-25-2009

They're called Carries. Although in LoL it's rare that they can solo an entire team, unless it's one of the veterans against a team of noobs. If you're saying that when he's supported by his team, he's the one that does all the damage and gets all the kills, that's an entirely different situation, and one that I don't think there's much problem with. And honestly, I haven't seen that in a while, because tanks are so *&#$% hard to finish off. On a related note, I hate all you Rammi with the rebirth armor.

UnknownElementX

07-25-2009

nah i mean this was mostly solo, but as you cant really have your whole team vs one person at a time its still a bit uneven..
not to mention that you don't necessarily have a good tank on your team to distract him (or he just knows to focus on the weak players)

UnknownElementX

07-25-2009

i just dont understand why you have to have a class of heroes that are game enders. its too easy for them to grow too quick and just steamroll the game. constantly being one-three shotted by some early carry is really not fun and prevents you from coordinating with your team..

Stumpster

Adjudicator

07-26-2009

Honestly, the only one I've ever seen that truly just rolled over an entire team was Tyrandamere when it was his first weekend and ran around critting everything. Good times. :P

Teran

07-26-2009

There are a few champions with annoyingly powerful ultimates... I'd really like a combat log in the game because sometimes I really have no idea what happened, just that I was running down a lane one minute and am now dead with some champion standing nearby...

That said, this kind of thing doesn't happen that often. Carries can get brutal end game but I think the idea is focusing on fighting on the run rather than sitting down and getting into a slug fest with someone because that's just inviting death. Generally speaking any three heroes should have the tools to take on any single hero even if the single hero is higher level and has better gear. It may not be easy but you just need to learn your chosen champion and be fast on the counter when faced with such a situation.

KoOkies

07-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownElementX View Post
this is the third time where one person has gotten a few extra kills, gets too many items and becomes unstoppable and a whole team cant defeat him. there needs to be some limit on top tier items. its absurd that one person can kill an entire team. its perpetual and as long as they are a little ahead to get some kills they just sprint ahead of everyone
They call them "carries" there a tab for them when you choose your hero, check it out.