I believe purple side is at a disadvantage

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRynodawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

I dont even notice which side im on anymore, it really doesnt matter. I didnt know other than the ppl who first start use locked camera, your just gimping yourself.

also purple has a slight baron advantage.

EsperMagic

02-01-2012

What riot needs to do is make the matches people tend to learn on(im assuming Co-op vs Ai) have random sides. Dont always start the players on blue, sometimes start them o purple. Then people would get more comfortable there instead of learning to play exclusively blue.

Muzukashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Why can't they just make the view a square instead of a rectangle? And its not getting ganked with a bad screen. I have beenbkilled a couple times because the screen was at a bad angle ( just cutting off a turret during a chase....cutting off the bottom of bot during a crucial moment...) usually happens because it scrolls too far the first time and not having the time to fix it (and being too focused to think to hit the space key..derp)

popeyepoop1

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doridoma View Post
Why can't they just make the view a square instead of a rectangle? And its not getting ganked with a bad screen. I have beenbkilled a couple times because the screen was at a bad angle
I agree with this completely.

Donald Yu

02-01-2012

i agree.

Blue side has golems bot lane if there is a jungler and can clear it, being at an advantage over purple.

golems respawn by the time jungler gets down there, thus, making blue op. nerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfne rfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerf

NZ SNAKE MC

02-01-2012

i dont know if this is been said but i will post,

i agree that purple for me is at a disadvantage, i play with locked and unlocked screens but till find purple to be at a disadvantage, for my personally because i play on a laptop the screen is much smaller and my HUD constantly gets in the way, i dont see why riot cannot change the camera angle to match blue side, it should be hard since the map is a mirror image of itself, i find playing blue side has more range advantage compared to purple, with locked screen, i dont see why people say you are noob because you play locked, so what its personal prefence also depends on the type of character, range character sure you can play unlocked, but for melee whats the point? if most of the action happens right infront of you.
so for me id like to see and option or change to the camera angle.

NZ SNAKE MC

02-01-2012

Quote:
Why can't they just make the view a square instead of a rectangle? And its not getting ganked with a bad screen. I have beenbkilled a couple times because the screen was at a bad angle
@Doridoma i think its rectangle because of widescreen monitors??

Purple Hooloovoo

02-01-2012

Don't play on a locked screen.................

also, i guess you can make a case that the map isn't "balanced" but it is "fair." It's much easier for purple to gank top lane and jungle early game helps purple if the jungler goes blue then a level 2 gank on bot within the first 30 seconds of minion wave fighting. Blue jungler is on the other side of the map and bot gets heckled safely early game anyway, denying the 50-70 gold bot would've had from golems. There are distinct advantages for both sides, you just have to play to your side... learn to adapt man.

Vorthr

02-01-2012

I had this problem when I first started playing normals, but I still play camera locked and I've just gotten better map awareness and overall a better player. It just takes getting used to.
I did reduce the UI by 50% and removed the UI Wall thing. That helped tremendously.

Krabsoukkary

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshpenant View Post
either way, you are agreeing that the sides are not balanced, yes?
It's the nature of the game. What, do you want some symmetric map with a baron in the middle with two entrances? You might as well complain that dragon can be easily stolen by blue and baron can be easily stolen by purple. Deal with it by warding through the cage. You have to adapt, that's the point of playing a competitive game. The ability to easily adjust to the situation indicates the skill of a player.

12345678 ... 10