The new items in dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maxusmaximus

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
I can't see Renekton being much more dangerous than he already is with just Visage+Brutalizer which work better for him anyway.
ie. Not at all

Stimuz

02-01-2012

Wonder if the locket is going to have a blocker on it. Having it on 3-4 people sounds like it could be pretty game breaking in team fights since its on a 1m CD.

TakinTheHeat

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Wonder if the locket is going to have a blocker on it. Having it on 3-4 people sounds like it could be pretty game breaking in team fights since its on a 1m CD.
It's only a 230 shield at level 18 tho.. even less if someone gets it early. 1150 max if you shield all your team, hardly game breaking!

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Heres my take on new items:

Emblem of Valor:
Useless item, why buy it unless you want the other. No one will care about this

Locket:
Health + armour, could be valuable just for that. The shield buff itself will be great. I can see a minimum of one per game.
If it stacks there will be 4 of them, one on each player, and it will be chained. Just wait and see, it will be game breaking.
1150 max shield, on 4 people, thats 4600 damage mitigated completely. Thats huge. Add on resistances, if you have it and the other team doesn't you can stop potentially a minimum of 2 huge nukes, or if damage is spread enough 4000 damage before resistances. This will be an item that if it doesn't have a blocker, will 100% destroy dominion completely.

New starks will be overpowered. Reason is simple:
15% cdr, good
250 health, always good on a carry
12% lifesteal + 20% aspd aura? Great.

Problem is, theres usually at least 2 AD champions on a team, who would both benefit from this item. Now there is this little thing in LoL called aura stacking. If you have an aura item, and a teammate has the same item, you both get the aura buff doubled. That means for the 2 AD champions, lets say... Wukong and Pantheon, you both have 24% lifesteal and 40% aspd, and judging from its changes, if you input those numbers you will no doubt have a VERY gold efficient item. I can see this item being built on a vayne + x combo aswell, and in many other situations.

If the aura does not stack, it will not be too ridiculous. If it does, and it doesn't have a 3-4k pricetag, even a 2500 price tag, it will cause chaos (the item totals to about 1720g)

maxusmaximus

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Heres my take on new items:

Locket:
Health + armour, could be valuable just for that. The shield buff itself will be great. I can see a minimum of one per game.
If it stacks there will be 4 of them, one on each player, and it will be chained. Just wait and see, it will be game breaking.
1150 max shield, on 4 people, thats 4600 damage mitigated completely. Thats huge. Add on resistances, if you have it and the other team doesn't you can stop potentially a minimum of 2 huge nukes, or if damage is spread enough 4000 damage before resistances. This will be an item that if it doesn't have a blocker, will 100% destroy dominion completely.
are you not reading this wrong? the shield is 50 (+10 per lvl) on each person. the shield is unique so only 1 cast of it will be used at one time. obviously against teams with heavy aoe its going to be very strong... if they are focusing one person it will be no more of a shield than say supports such as janna can provide. obviously you can try and chain it but i dont think it will stop them hammering that person down. 1150 dmg to one person is not that hard to achieve. i could be reading it wrong but the UNIQUE: active seems like only one can be cast at a time.

atlas304

02-01-2012

locket costs like 2250, no go for first fight

hamai

02-01-2012

If I need armor and HP and it's a primary stat in my build then Solaris is core for me now...

the shield can define fights and it's OP if timed correctly... Imagine if a team manages to sequentially activate shields... I'm sad already cause everything that's useful and good is either nerfed or removed... so I'm using while it lasts... won't last much... seems the rule in LoL is make everything "meh" except the latest champion released

Basoosh

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxusmaximus View Post
are you not reading this wrong? the shield is 50 (+10 per lvl) on each person. the shield is unique so only 1 cast of it will be used at one time. obviously against teams with heavy aoe its going to be very strong... if they are focusing one person it will be no more of a shield than say supports such as janna can provide. obviously you can try and chain it but i dont think it will stop them hammering that person down. 1150 dmg to one person is not that hard to achieve. i could be reading it wrong but the UNIQUE: active seems like only one can be cast at a time.
The unique active means a single player cannot purchase two Lockets and then fire both off. They will have a shared cooldown. Outside of consumables, pretty much every active item ability works like this. You can't grab six Deathfires and mow someone down with them, you can't have six Wriggle's pumping out wards on SR, etc. Shields from multiple sources already do stack, so multiple players with a Locket should work.

The health portion of the locket is worth 792 gold, and the armor portion is worth about 544 gold, for a net worth of about 1336 gold in stats. (using ruby crystal and chain vest as barometers) For an item of this price, that's not very good. And since the HP5 aura is largely turds in Dominion, that active needs to be worth ~915 gold just to break even.

The strength of the shield is a bit difficult to judge. To put it in perspective, summoner Heal (with the augment mastery) at level 18 will heal yourself for 650 and nearby allies for 325. This shield is going to put a 230 point shield on everyone nearby. Assuming a 1 minute cooldown, that seems like it should be worth about 915 gold. You absolutely need to land it on multiple people, however, and it is much less effiecient prior to level 18. I think this item will overall get some play on Dominion, but not as much as I can see it getting on Summoner's Rift. Especially since it upgrades out of Heart of Gold. Time will tell!

On Zeke's:
It should get a lot of mileage in Dominion - it fits so nicely on this map. But it of course comes down to whatever the price on it is. And it will almost certainly aura stack, as that would require changes to their core aura coding. Very doubtful they do that for one item.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

So far the shield isn't OP...but it's extremely powerful for a shield.

I've tested it so far and while it's not OP, it can turn the tables in battles. Personally, it's a sub-par alternative to Aegis of the Legion (or an added bonus for buffing teammates). So far I've been testing it in the 1600-1700 ELO's and it's really powerful.

I'm wondering though how OP will it make Soraka though. A 60-minute Janna/Lux AoE shield with an AoE heal may push her into godlike tanky support status towards endgame. I could be wrong but something about a 230 damage shield + Heal + her R will seem **** useful in teamfights...must test this later.