New Items: Locket of the Iron Solari and Remade Aura Items

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathsythex

02-01-2012

i really feel Riot forgot about sustained AD carries. Past 5 updates AD champs have gotten nothing. and now you are getting stuff taken away... Moral of the story this game will be come 4 OP AP champs and 1 AD carry JUST TO mess with enemy teams magic resist. Cause Riot seems to hate AD DPS. they make AD burst champs but they all stack 3 or 4 BFSword variants ( IE, BT, BC) AD DPS have to balance attack speed life steal and damage ( a more delicate build ) and AD DPS has just been beaten and left for dead... thank god you still have CRIT... for now
RIOT say they want more rushing in and killing, more aggressive game play. yet they Shaft the characters that are built for that very thing. SOON P Dancer will get nerfed again. BFsword variants will be nerfed ( IE no longer give 250% crit damage but 210%, Blood thirster max life steal is now 18%, Black cleaver no longer gives attack speed) ...
Then just say good by to WW, YI , OLAF, ASHE, Cait, Graves, Noct, Shyv, Sivir, Wukong, and Xin Zhao , cause as far as i have seen these are the champs that are ONLY DPS,
Guess it is time for me to learn more tanks and mages huh RIOT

JustinBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Attachment 374284

WHAT THE F%$K!!
YOU REMOVED ARMOR REDUCTION FROM STARK’S FERVOR/ZEKE’S HERALD

ONE OF ONLY TWO ARMOR REDUCTION ITEMS IN THE GAME

STOP REMOVING STATS!!

What's next ABYSSAL SCEPTER LOSING MAGIC REDUCTION?

And stop the social engineering and instead let players build and play their Champions how they feel rather than removing dodge, crit, armor reduction. So convenient you didn't mention what you did to armor reduction at all in your spin. I hope another company comes along and shows you the error of your ways for you aren't listening. I even stood up for your rights against SOPA/PIPA but here you go disrespecting our rights, removing things we love from the game, denying us the ability to sell our property (skins/account) including intentionally denying customers from ever again able to acquire/buy certain property ever again including from a private seller.

Maybe you just aren't reading all these posts, fine, I'll say some of this again in case you are simply missing what many are saying:

Replacing Critical Strike with Damage ARE NOT EQUAL. That's like replacing Armor with Healing/HP regen. NOT THE SAME. WHY ARE YOU HAVING ISSUES ACCEPTING DEPTH IN THE GAME AND DUMBING EVERYTHING DOWN.

First you have masteries of Dodge removed, then Dodge, now Critical Strike mastery, what's next? Critical Strike itself?... Oh, Armor Reduction! (Stark's Fervor)

Riot Next year... "We have removed all stats and instead replaced with one elegant stat called Power Level! No more luck involved!"

Yet again, completely and utter absurdity.

If you remove Critical Strike it means characters with natural damage skills (especially those that don't get strong with damage) that critical can no longer amplify them that way and characters with innately high damage/atk spd cannot amplify that with critical strike. Removing crit mastery especially harms both of those characters types disproportionally just as removing armor/magic resist masteries (and say replacing them with health) would harm characters with naturally high health disproportionally.

You already removed dodge while you will have items that completely block SPELLS like Banshee's Veil, allowing out of combat passives like Boots of Mobility/Strut/Perseverance/Move Quick to stay on and blocking capture interrupt from casters, and haven't added anything to replace it's equivalent for AUTO ATTACKS, DODGE, creating an imbalance and eliminating some tactics/build synergies and allowing a spell shield to stop a caster's like Annie/Brand's ulti, stun or spell combo but not the ability to dodge physical attacks like Tryn's or Xin Zhao's? How could you have justified removing dodge when you have no problem with Spell Shields? Now you are touching Critical Strike!?! If you want to change how dodge/crit works that may be one thing (like an activate Kinetic Shield like Jax in an item) but eliminating it is ridiculous. And don't go thinking spell shields too need to go then, you are just eliminating different strategies from the game and dumbing it down.

Anyway I just thought you should know four more friends of mine have joined me and you have lost these customers from purchasing RP again unless things change with these ridiculous decisions including to remove Fortify and not even replace it with Garrison in Classic and since you got essentially bought by that "other" company and since Feburary NERFED IP GAIN (takes 1.4x as long to get) + had hidden raised prices (Riot itself has admitted (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...stem-breakdown) they now make you take 46.25 hrs to unlock a 6300 Champion of which almost all new Champions are and 4800 was promised not to replace 3150 but no new 3150s have been released since Feburary 1st 2011. Some old champ prices were lowered but only a few of which were 6300) AND IN ESSENCE PUNISHED ME WHO WANTED TO SUPPORT YOU AND WHO PAID WITH RP (bought skins for almost every Champion and often multiple skins for a Champion and I bought the Collector's Edition, which unlike other games didn't unlock every Champion in the game, not even a third and tho I wanted to support you couldn't afford to RP buy more than a few Champions) BUT STILL TAKING ALL MY TIME. It is ridiculous. Whether it's 92.5 hrs or 46.25 hrs to unlock a Champion, this is wrecking lives with your new infographic showing you set back the human race 1197 years every day http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1495692. I understand if something is free you want it to cost more to earn to encourage purchasing but this is really ridiculous considering a work week is only 40 hrs or less. This game is ruining lives and robbing people of the very time that would allow them to earn money that if Riot allowed them to make they could put into the game. Although I have bought countless $50 US, 7200 RP bundles l still I do not own every Champion although I own skins for all I do. Riot how many other games cost so much from players in money and time? I've basically given up LOL unless you can have mercy and give us our lives back in one or the other, preferably time. Don't make Champions take 2 weeks of doing nothing else in life to obtain even when people like me are still paying for the Champion skins and multiple of them. Please have some respect for people's lives otherwise I can't maintain this. League of Legends ruined my life money and time wise and due to this and how you treat someone who wanted to support you, slapping me even harder in the face taking out Fortify/Garrison, removing Dodge, I have disowned the game and will not put a cent more in it aside from using the nonrefundable RP I have left over in the game. Please Riot, respect your players, respect my time, I certainly pay you more than enough in money and hurts me that you are turning what was one of the best MOBAs worse and worse. I am astounded that as a customer who put in probably $1000 between my and my brother's account I should've found it HARDER to buy new stuff (skins) since Feb 1st 2011 due to the company's raised pricing and IP gain nerf combined, you take away Fortify and now Dodge. I even ordered and shipped the box copy from the USA to my 3rd world country, paying duties, shipping, double taxes and advertised it to my friends as I had great excitement and hope for it. I just don't understand how you figure it deserves to eat up more time than a real job (and take away ability to earn too) even when one pays for so much with RP. This is what it cost me to support Riot. And this is how you treat us.

Thanoz

02-02-2012

Riot: FAIL item "changes", you killed some perfect and fairly unique items. But you will probably also FAIL to read all the remarks we posted here and thereby FAIL to undo the changes or give us similar items back to acknowledge some of the errors you keep making as a company.

Another FAIL, in capital letters, hoping to attract riot employees, hoping that they will actually read and use the info from all the players in their judgements from now on. Not all YOU think is better for the game is actually better Riot, might be wise to listen to all the players that make your game and thereby your company profitable.

Yngve Zephyrous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

I'm not a big fan of the new Stark's Fervor, or its name. It's OK to have a healthy mix of items, some of which don't seem to have a big purpose... but it worked great on say, Sivir, who was a mix of support and AD carry. The healthy variety of items gave champions the ability to fill more than just the standard roles of Tank, Mage, AD Carry, and Support. Though, giving Kindle-gem more options is a good idea, HOWEVER...

Mana Manipulator and Stinger STILL only have one item they can build into, and Mana Manipulator ONLY affect Mana Regen, it does nothing for Energy or Rage based champions, it doesn't increase Mordekaiser's shield, and it obviously doesn't help Katarina or Garen. Stinger is a great item for any auto-attack Carry, except that it only builds into Nashor's Tooth.

If you're revisiting mid-build items, you need to look at a lot of them. Stinger (only builds into 1 item), Mana Manipulator (only builds into 1 item), Madred's Razors (this item is only useful for junglers until it is built into Bloodrazor's), Bilgewater Cutlass (only builds 1 item), Glacial Shroud (only builds 1 item), and the Brutalizer, as it only builds 1 item, and if it's only for auto-attack carries, the passive is slightly useless. The CDR is so minute it doesn't make much difference, and auto-attackers aren't concerned with rapid ability spamming.

Oh yeah, I also hate Stark's new name. Congrat's on Zeke's recruiting, but make a new item with that name, not rename another one.

Thanoz

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
Riot did you even think this through?
Most people after the first few pages are against this nerf to Stark's.
Do what the community wants and don't go through with this, it is a terrible idea.
True that! Precisely what I was noticing, that the first few paging could seem as nothing but praise to Riot, but the other about 100 pages are almost all the opposite.

Thanoz

02-02-2012

Okay, now this is some good advice to Riot, and just in case they overlook the man's post let me quote the guy so there's double the chance Riot employees READ THIS. There's a good deal of thought in this message and I can't help to see a lot of things i agree with 100% (except I never put money into the game):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBlade View Post
Attachment 374284

WHAT THE F%$K!!
YOU REMOVED ARMOR REDUCTION FROM STARK’S FERVOR/ZEKE’S HERALD

ONE OF ONLY TWO ARMOR REDUCTION ITEMS IN THE GAME

STOP REMOVING STATS!!

What's next ABYSSAL SCEPTER LOSING MAGIC REDUCTION?

And stop the social engineering and instead let players build and play their Champions how they feel rather than removing dodge, crit, armor reduction. So convenient you didn't mention what you did to armor reduction at all in your spin. I hope another company comes along and shows you the error of your ways for you aren't listening. I even stood up for your rights against SOPA/PIPA but here you go disrespecting our rights, removing things we love from the game, denying us the ability to sell our property (skins/account) including intentionally denying customers from ever again able to acquire/buy certain property ever again including from a private seller.

Maybe you just aren't reading all these posts, fine, I'll say some of this again in case you are simply missing what many are saying:

Replacing Critical Strike with Damage ARE NOT EQUAL. That's like replacing Armor with Healing/HP regen. NOT THE SAME. WHY ARE YOU HAVING ISSUES ACCEPTING DEPTH IN THE GAME AND DUMBING EVERYTHING DOWN.

First you have masteries of Dodge removed, then Dodge, now Critical Strike mastery, what's next? Critical Strike itself?... Oh, Armor Reduction! (Stark's Fervor)

Riot Next year... "We have removed all stats and instead replaced with one elegant stat called Power Level! No more luck involved!"

Yet again, completely and utter absurdity.

If you remove Critical Strike it means characters with natural damage skills (especially those that don't get strong with damage) that critical can no longer amplify them that way and characters with innately high damage/atk spd cannot amplify that with critical strike. Removing crit mastery especially harms both of those characters types disproportionally just as removing armor/magic resist masteries (and say replacing them with health) would harm characters with naturally high health disproportionally.

You already removed dodge while you will have items that completely block SPELLS like Banshee's Veil, allowing out of combat passives like Boots of Mobility/Strut/Perseverance/Move Quick to stay on and blocking capture interrupt from casters, and haven't added anything to replace it's equivalent for AUTO ATTACKS, DODGE, creating an imbalance and eliminating some tactics/build synergies and allowing a spell shield to stop a caster's like Annie/Brand's ulti, stun or spell combo but not the ability to dodge physical attacks like Tryn's or Xin Zhao's? How could you have justified removing dodge when you have no problem with Spell Shields? Now you are touching Critical Strike!?! If you want to change how dodge/crit works that may be one thing (like an activate Kinetic Shield like Jax in an item) but eliminating it is ridiculous. And don't go thinking spell shields too need to go then, you are just eliminating different strategies from the game and dumbing it down.

Anyway I just thought you should know four more friends of mine have joined me and you have lost these customers from purchasing RP again unless things change with these ridiculous decisions including to remove Fortify and not even replace it with Garrison in Classic and since you got essentially bought by that "other" company and since Feburary NERFED IP GAIN (takes 1.4x as long to get) + had hidden raised prices (Riot itself has admitted (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...stem-breakdown) they now make you take 46.25 hrs to unlock a 6300 Champion of which almost all new Champions are and 4800 was promised not to replace 3150 but no new 3150s have been released since Feburary 1st 2011. Some old champ prices were lowered but only a few of which were 6300) AND IN ESSENCE PUNISHED ME WHO WANTED TO SUPPORT YOU AND WHO PAID WITH RP (bought skins for almost every Champion and often multiple skins for a Champion and I bought the Collector's Edition, which unlike other games didn't unlock every Champion in the game, not even a third and tho I wanted to support you couldn't afford to RP buy more than a few Champions) BUT STILL TAKING ALL MY TIME. It is ridiculous. Whether it's 92.5 hrs or 46.25 hrs to unlock a Champion, this is wrecking lives with your new infographic showing you set back the human race 1197 years every day http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1495692. I understand if something is free you want it to cost more to earn to encourage purchasing but this is really ridiculous considering a work week is only 40 hrs or less. This game is ruining lives and robbing people of the very time that would allow them to earn money that if Riot allowed them to make they could put into the game. Although I have bought countless $50 US, 7200 RP bundles l still I do not own every Champion although I own skins for all I do. Riot how many other games cost so much from players in money and time? I've basically given up LOL unless you can have mercy and give us our lives back in one or the other, preferably time. Don't make Champions take 2 weeks of doing nothing else in life to obtain even when people like me are still paying for the Champion skins and multiple of them. Please have some respect for people's lives otherwise I can't maintain this. League of Legends ruined my life money and time wise and due to this and how you treat someone who wanted to support you, slapping me even harder in the face taking out Fortify/Garrison, removing Dodge, I have disowned the game and will not put a cent more in it aside from using the nonrefundable RP I have left over in the game. Please Riot, respect your players, respect my time, I certainly pay you more than enough in money and hurts me that you are turning what was one of the best MOBAs worse and worse. I am astounded that as a customer who put in probably $1000 between my and my brother's account I should've found it HARDER to buy new stuff (skins) since Feb 1st 2011 due to the company's raised pricing and IP gain nerf combined, you take away Fortify and now Dodge. I even ordered and shipped the box copy from the USA to my 3rd world country, paying duties, shipping, double taxes and advertised it to my friends as I had great excitement and hope for it. I just don't understand how you figure it deserves to eat up more time than a real job (and take away ability to earn too) even when one pays for so much with RP. This is what it cost me to support Riot. And this is how you treat us.

Thanoz

02-02-2012

Hey someone started a petition to bring the old Stark's Fervor back on LoL forum. Please all press the thumbs up on the topic starter to make Riot notice!

>>> PETITION TO KEEP / BRING BACK THE OLD STARK'S FERVOR <<<

POLL ON KEEPING / REMOVING STARK'S AND/OR ZEKE'S

Bastilean

02-03-2012

I would just like to say that I am new to the game, but am lvl 30 so not that terribly new really.

1a. I think removing dodge from the game was not a good idea. I like the variability dodge adds an element of risk to every decision. I also like the variability critical strike adds. I feel that removing them is bad and make outcomes too cookie cutter. If Gang Plank is over powered nerf his Parley slightly instead.

1b. I think that making Jax less random was good.

1c. Jax doesn't necessarily need to be 100% immune to AD either while he is performing his dodge skill. There is room for 50% dodge + dodge stat or some fun middle area that I do not pretend to know exactly. People generally auto attack things multiple times. You can take that for what it is worth.

2a. The old Stark's Fervor was neat and slightly awesome on two ADs. This leads in to 2b and 2c. The new Zeke's is weak and I wouldn't take it, and so are the rest of the primarily support items. They suck. I wouldn't use them. This leads into 3a and 3b.

2b. Support items giving a double aura buff if there are two champions each sharing the same aura with the other is too good and doesn't make sense. There is no reason not to have two APs get Will of the Ancients. Also, considdering Will of the Ancients is pretty much required on many mages like Mord and Vlad who need spell vamp to stay in lane I would recommend removing the double buff. Infact, I would remove all double buff stacks and improve the weak auras.

i. Doubling the same Auras is too good because they generally do more than most 3000gold items for about 2000 gold. Take Aegis of the Legion for example. It has good magic resist, but combine with another has great resist and very respectable armor. Finally it does 16AD and provides health for the owner. This aura is also shared with others. Example 2, Will of the ancients costs 300 more than a needlessly large rod, is easy to assemble and has the same AP as a needlessly large rod. If you have a double stack because you are laning with another AP with Will of the Ancients or are in a team fight you have 110 AP for under 2000 gold with 40% spell vamp included.

3a. The new items are relatively weak as are all support items.

i. Zeke's is weak. I think 20% life steal would be a minimum.

ii. Iron Locket is weak. This item has to out weigh an aegis of the legion, sunfire cape, extra. Increase the armor to 45 minimum.

3b. Buff most if not all support items when you remove the double aura stack.

i, Soul Shrowd is completely weak. Buff the cool down reduction to 20% and the mana regeneration to 20. Even then I doubt I would take it. Fact is most champions will not be sitting in lane with you and will not be benefiting from this aura the majority of the game, so this item needs a buff. You need to be at least a walking blue buff to make this worth looking at.

ii. Roll back to 25% spell vamp on Will of the Ancients.

iii. Roll back to 20% life steal on Zeke's.

iv. Improve the armor buff on Aegis of the Legion to 27.

4. Add a Stark's something that provides 20% armor reduction aura. Make it a new tanky armor named Stark's Hunting Helm. Maybe 55 Armor. Maybe it has some AD too like 35 or a movement speed buff of 15%.

blackaces888

02-04-2012

So riot, you've decided to change an item to fit the use of a support. I'm hopeing that this might transition into the introduction of a new support champion? Maybe? Please?

Reizuc

02-05-2012

Love all the rage in here. LOL! Only this community, I swear. To address some things being said in this thread.

#1-Keep the old Stark's with the new Zeke's: You people must not be paying attention. If ONE person had both these items on their champ, that would be a +40% attack speed and +32% lifesteal aura buff. Would be WAY overpowered and totally broken. You can't have one and the other.

#2-Starks no more for AD Carries: Dumb argument. Stark's was a sub-optimal item on 95% of AD Carries and, when picked, was an option, not even close to a requirement. It helped with survivability only. Though the attack speed was a nice boost, for 300 more gold you could have a Phantom Dancer, a FAR better choice on almost every AD DPS champion. The armor debuff was the only really good thing for AD Carries and, considering optimization, Black Cleaver would be a better choice unless you only plan on poking.

#3-No cheap lifesteal items: What the hell is a vampiric scepter? 450 gold for 12% lifesteal, there ya go! And after that, there is Wrigle's, which is a solid item in of itself. Considering cost, Bloodthirster makes Stark's look like a **** item for near-comparable gold amount. While it doesn't have attack speed, it has the damage, and unless you are trolling with some "on-hit, attack speed" troll build, Bloodthirster will ALWAYS be the better choice. Especially once you are at half stacks.

#4-Locket of the Iron Solari is a piece of ****: I say play with it in a team comp before you declare this. My tank playing roommate, who didn't like the sound of it, tried it out in several games due to me pestering him to give it a try. The verdict, he LOVES it. Early game staying power, and a low cooldown shield which can help get away from ganks, last that extra second in a team fight, live when you should have otherwise died, the applications continue from there. It is SUCH a solid item. I don't know why it's dismissed by so many people in this thread. If you DON'T play tank or support, there are FAR better items to spend your gold on. When your tank or support saves your live THREE TIMES in 4 minutes due to it, you will be singing it's praises as well. My aforementioned roommate's team scored an Ace, with ALL members surviving the fight, and they would all have been dead if not for the locket.

tl;dr - Too much QQ about stuff you haven't even tried and people who troll build.