Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Items: Locket of the Iron Solari and Remade Aura Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozaryk

02-01-2012

Quote:
DreamwalkerLin:
This is really nice, Riot did indeed put a lot of thought in this

Let me ask you this... Are they going to replace Stark's Fervor with a new Armor Reducing Aura item, or are they going to end up removing Abyssal Scepter as well to even the table?

Are you sure you put a lot of thought into this yourself? As in, is this actually a good idea? What are the pros? What are the cons?

Gerard Ze Butler

02-01-2012

god, what a waste of space, indeed thats a great improvement for auras, and support charecter output, but what about theattckspeed threshhold chars, uhhh....... ****, now i have to get a bloodthirster regardless....., lame

Morgaste

02-01-2012

I don't remember exactly what the original stats where on starks as I think I may have used it once when I first started playing, however, I hear lot of AD carries complaining now that they have lost an item etc. etc. I just don't see how this is true...if anything they have gained an additional slot for AS correct? I mean now that they have built this item with mainly supports/tanks in mind just throw something else in your build ( or stack yet another Phantom Dancer) and bam now your support carries the Seventh item for as/ad/lifesteal build ( or whatever you crazy kids are doing these days) Right? I just don't understand how this is bad, Riot, basically said here, let's give an item to make the support beefier while he holds 20 percent AS and 12 lifesteal for the whole team...How is this hurting ppls builds and not helping?

Ozaryk

02-01-2012

Quote:
Angus Mackenzie:
I don't remember exactly what the original stats where on starks as I think I may have used it once when I first started playing, however, I hear lot of AD carries complaining now that they have lost an item etc. etc. I just don't see how this is true...if anything they have gained an additional slot for AS correct? I mean now that they have built this item with mainly supports/tanks in mind just throw something else in your build ( or stack yet another Phantom Dancer) and bam now your support carries the Seventh item for as/ad/lifesteal build ( or whatever you crazy kids are doing these days) Right? I just don't understand how this is bad, Riot, basically said here, let's give an item to make the support beefier while he holds 20 percent AS and 12 lifesteal for the whole team...How is this hurting ppls builds and not helping?

One of the main reasons people got Stark's was because it had an Aura that reduced all nearby enemy champions armor by 20. Not only that, but it gave another aura to your teammates that gave life steal and attack speed.

It was essentially an Abyssal Scepter for AD Champions.

Acena

02-01-2012

Oh no! Riot just made stark's total ****. Never buying it again :/ it's these changes that make me wanna just quit LoL. Stark's gave the user of it 20 % attack speed and 20% life steal, whith a aura of 20% attack speed and life steal which you got also. Plus a lifesteal item that has AS. Now it's kinda garbage. GG riot GG :/

Ssj4hots

02-01-2012

Please do not continue to degrade the champions of damage that only gives advantage to champion high armor and little advantage to the damage and the magicians venefia remuevn but also to the Abyssal Scepter to be in same advantage is not fair that each patch will remove an advantage to the champions of damage

NOTE: IF NOT BETTER DAMAGE AND CHANGE REMOVE ALL CHAMPIONS MAGIC

Thanoz

02-01-2012

Just started wondering when we will see the time when Riot notices that they should not build the game around what THEY think is best for the game, but started listening to the thousands of players and what they all think is best for the game.

Make us join in on the designing action more by letting us vote on potential new items, champs and other ideas. And if all the tens of thousands of players in the end were wrong? THEN you can nerve/buff/change to what Riot thinks will make something workable.

Ssj4hots

02-01-2012

Please do not continue to degrade the champions of damage that only gives advantage to champion high armor and little advantage to the damage and the magicians venefia remuevn but also to the Abyssal Scepter to be in same advantage is not fair that each patch will remove an advantage to the champions of damage

NOTE: IF NOT BETTER DAMAGE AND CHANGE REMOVE ALL CHAMPIONS MAGIC

JemiloII

02-01-2012

Riot is nerfing every build i come up with. this really wants to make me cry. Seriously, you took away sword of the divine, now starks fervor gives less life steal, the new item seems useful, but for how much riot been nerfing me, Btw, ionic spark hurts my farm and its too expensive.

Pinedo

02-01-2012

If the lesser life steal were the only loss, it wouldn't be as bad as it is. Stark's also losing 20% attack speed for the user and it's armor reduction aura. It's definitely a bad trade-off.