More Bans Equals Less Harassment

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oleoay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Btw the reporting mechanism only allows an option for Verbal Harrasment.. what happened to the other ones?

Rackam

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junbo1979 View Post
Giving them money does not allow you to not follow the rules.
if thats the case you just didn't give ENOUGH money.

Augmented Xioxus

07-21-2010

I completely agree with this. I myself, on multiple occasions, have lost my temper in game. Most of the time it's caused by people calling me a noob for jungling with Udyr......

But i do like that your giving ppl an iron fist to the face now. Me myself, im gonna clean up my own language. Haha.

But hey, what are profanity filters for ehh? x3

Love you Riot, keep up the good work!!! I DELETED MY WoW ACCOUNT FOR LoL!!!!!!!

Zephnx

07-21-2010

I'm kinda sickened how people tend to blame others as noobs, yeah they suck playing but everybody was a noob before.
Isn't this game free for all to play ? no prejudicial traits are involved.
Why blame them if you can train them ? before pros there are noobs and this game is for everyone.
and last thing... "**** happens" even pros can be noobs and noobs be pros.

so Rules are rules ! play nice... it's just a game people !

Hamway

07-21-2010

This makes me appreciate this game and the RIOT team so much more.

AdrenalCorgi

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
Together, we can make each team complete, cohesive, and lacking any comments about your mother.
Hahahahahahah. I love you Riot.

Flexitilus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Too bad Riot won't tell you WHY you were banned. They just keep you guessing. Oh, by the way, don't bother sending an e-mail to costumer support! Their response is always that they aren't "allowed" to elaborate on why you are banned or even give you a reason. So if you're banned in the near future and you don't know why, keep guessing, we all will be! Until Riot decides to start giving REASONS in emails about why you are specifically banned, this whole ban process is pointless and unproductive. GO RIOT!

Zephnx

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by swams View Post
how do you decide whats a good report and a frivolous one though? cuz sometimes people will say they will report people for feeding when in fact they are just playing bad. or people report someone for leaving a game when in fact they had comp/internet troubles and disconnected. i mean there has been times when i've left just because life happens and i have to do something, so I should face punishment as a result for these things? seems unfair
I agree... internet connections or computer problems are unintentional technical difficulties... but i won't say people are playing bad.. I'll just put it an a more positive way of "learning to play better"

StarcraftGhost

07-21-2010

The addition of the ignore function is enough to satisfy me. I dont really believe in banning players for what they say in the game or what they do.
But i guess you have to since people just cant follow the rules and get a long.
trash talking ruins this game for me, but /ignore is a quick and easy fix, i would never report another player, racist or sexist remarks are the biggest joke.
People should just have a better attitude towards each other and the game. aim for fun instead of precise micro and skill and aim for team work rather than solo play. encourage someone when they **** up, its really not hard if your so pro to help a noob out. or jsut leave them be if they claim to be fine.

KeitMacheen

07-21-2010

Stick to the code.